Home

NHL 17 Franchise Mode Trailer and Plenty of Details

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Franchise Mode Trailer and Plenty of Details within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2016, 02:38 PM   #9
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 17 Franchise Mode Trailer and Plenty of Details

It all sounds interesting but I was hoping to have the option to start franchise mode pre draft again like on PS3.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:40 PM   #10
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
This Info actually makes me go from thinking of buying my first Hockey game in a few years to leaning towards not.

I want Freedom and Customization, but instead it's controlling everything. Hopefully Franchise mode is just one mode and there is another version that is GM mode. Or there are lots of options to turn off/on.
I don't want to worry about being fired if I am stuggling at first. I don't want to mess with concession prices. And it sounds like you can't create and replace a team, but can only move in the future if approved.

I want it to be like MyLeague in NBA 2K, where I can replace teams, customize what I want, and do what I want in my Offline League.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:46 PM   #11
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
This Info actually makes me go from thinking of buying my first Hockey game in a few years to leaning towards not.

I want Freedom and Customization, but instead it's controlling everything. Hopefully Franchise mode is just one mode and there is another version that is GM mode. Or there are lots of options to turn off/on.
I don't want to worry about being fired if I am stuggling at first. I don't want to mess with concession prices. And it sounds like you can't create and replace a team, but can only move in the future if approved.

I want it to be like MyLeague in NBA 2K, where I can replace teams, customize what I want, and do what I want in my Offline League.
I would love that level of customization. Maybe they give you a hard cap of team numbers, but allow you to move teams and alignments as you see fit. Say you move a team from Florida to the Midwest (no offense) and then create two more teams, one to replace the Florida team in the East, and a 2nd to balance things in the West...then you could fill their rosters with AHL and Free Agent players, or do a fantasy draft. It would be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2016, 03:12 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

It looks interesting....but I'm still more interested in what improvements have been made to the actual hockey related parts of the mode.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:20 PM   #13
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Sounds good. The whole price setting thing seems to actually have an impact unlike in Madden where it does not seem to have much meaning at all.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:22 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

I was holding out hope for the option to play shorter seasons, guess not. I got through one season last year then tried to do the sim thing some of you guys do and i just totally lost interest 20 games into season 2. I wont waste my time again. I have absolutely no interest in any of this other crap they added.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2016, 04:00 PM   #15
Rookie

mlbshower15's Arena

OVR: 0
it's amazing how people have been calling for changes and an overhaul to GM mode and EA delivers. yet people still complain that they don't want this type of immersion and that it is a copy of other games.

this looks awesome and something that we have never really seen from NHL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2016, 04:07 PM   #16
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Does this mean we can have multiple GMs?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »