Home

NBA 2K17 Screenshots Taken From "The Dream Lives On" Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Screenshots Taken From "The Dream Lives On" Trailer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2016, 09:18 AM   #17
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K17 Screenshots Taken From "The Dream Lives On" Trailer

I get the Jordan complaints....gotta hold the GOAT to a higher standard.

Only thing Ill say is that throwing those 2K14/15 angry face MJ pics up vs a neutral face Jordan in 2K11 is a bit misleading.

Why not a neutral 2K11/2K16 comparison? ...then, I dont know...maybe we can help identify some specifics for the art team. What stands out immediately is the crooked mouth thing the 2K16 version has going on.

Old 08-11-2016, 09:29 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Only thing Ill say is that throwing those 2K14/15 angry face MJ pics up vs a neutral face Jordan in 2K11 is a bit misleading.

Why not a neutral 2K11/2K16 comparison? ...then, I dont know...maybe we can help identify some specifics for the art team. What stands out immediately is the crooked mouth thing the 2K16 version has going on.

Obviously the one on the left is better, but I honestly don't get the huge deal. I think he looks okay.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:33 AM   #19
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

I actually found it tough to get hold of a neutral pic for 2k16 outside of taking a screen shot myself, but nice find there - it's a better comparison for sure.

I'm still not feeling it though. I think 2k11/12 absolutely nailed it.

I'm personally seeing something wrong with the actual head shape/size. Totally agree with the mouth too, that's pretty skewed.

I will say this though, there was an improvement from 14 - 16 (Current gen) I believe. When I saw the mess the legends were in on the PS4 I completely skipped 2k14.

15 was pretty bad too but I think these threads may have helped tweak Mike for 16, so fingers crossed we can keep on pluggin away at 2k, maybe someone's listening out there.....

(2k15 MJ below
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jordan-chokes-thumb.jpg (376.6 KB, 217 views)
Old 08-11-2016, 09:39 AM   #20
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Obviously the one on the left is better, but I honestly don't get the huge deal. I think he looks okay.
It's that he starts to look off when he emotes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
I actually found it tough to get hold of a neutral pic for 2k16 outside of taking a screen shot myself, but nice find there - it's a better comparison for sure.

I'm still not feeling it though. I think 2k11/12 absolutely nailed it.

I'm personally seeing something wrong with the actual head shape/size. Totally agree with the mouth too, that's pretty skewed.

I will say this though, there was an improvement from 14 - 16 (Current gen) I believe. When I saw the mess the legends were in on the PS4 I completely skipped 2k14.

15 was pretty bad too but I think these threads may have helped tweak Mike for 16, so fingers crossed we can keep on pluggin away at 2k, maybe someone's listening out there.....
Yeah I think it could use work as well, I want to make that clear..... I just want to make sure we are looking at the root of the problem in the right context since progress has already been made....hopefully we can keep the momenteum.

This is a comparison between 15/16

Spoiler
Old 08-11-2016, 09:41 AM   #21
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

Something about that bum fluff mo' he's rocking is off to me.....its got a grey tinge in there that makes me think "Roger Murtaugh"

Not that he looks a lot like it, it's just where my mind darts initially.

Last edited by MarkWilliam; 08-11-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2016, 09:48 AM   #22
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:

Thats a moded face

Lol nice try two 4
Old 08-11-2016, 09:49 AM   #23
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

Quote:

I like this post. I'm looking hard and its almost difficult to pin point the issue. It's like a blend of things from features being a little more defined (eyebrows and mo) to the limited texture on the older one maybe accidentally giving it nicer colours (from those angles anyway).

Agree, the crooked mouth thing. But man..... seems more of a collective thing.

But I've said it before, I could probably live it down if he regains some signature stuff. Still possible in 2K17 aswell so fingers crossed.

Edit: If 23 is right it kind of stomps on this post to a degree. Thanks man! Haha....
Old 08-11-2016, 09:54 AM   #24
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I know because its on my pc right now lol.

They have several on nlsc

The one in the post above mine is what he looks like

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »