Home

NASCAR Heat Evolution Features Up to 40 Human Players in Online Multiplayer Races

This is a discussion on NASCAR Heat Evolution Features Up to 40 Human Players in Online Multiplayer Races within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2016, 04:32 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NASCAR Heat Evolution Features Up to 40 Human Players in Online Multiplayer Races

NASCAR Heat Evolution will allow users to race with a full field of up to 40 human players in an online competitive multiplayer race. Instead of being hosted by a specific user, like previous NASCAR games, the team has built a new system where each online game’s data is hosted by a server. All race data comes from that server, so the entire race experience is no longer tied to any one player.

There will be three different online lobbies available: No Rules, Normal, and Hosted.
  • No Rules: If you’re a beginner just looking to learn, bump, and crash (or you just want to bump and crash), the No Rules lobby is for you. This is a great place to practice, try things out, or just have a good time with friends.
  • Normal: For players who want to test their skills but are still looking for a good, clean, and friendly race.
  • Hosted: This lobby is for people who are more serious about racing. Race hosts will have the option to decide which level of player can join the race session. For example, if the host only wants racers level 5 or higher, he or she can set that parameter when creating the session. In addition, hosts have the right to boot players from their game.
Quote:
Within each of these lobbies, players have the option of joining an existing session or creating their own. When creating your own race, you’ll be able to select the track, number of laps, fuel/tire wear, and max number of players. Once a race has been created, it will begin in 60 seconds whether the requested number of drivers have joined or not.

Unfortunately, due to the resources required to balance 40 separate players in one race, caution flags will not be available in online multiplayer. It’s not an ideal situation, but we really believe in the new opportunities that multiplayer on this scale opens up. Pitting will still be available in online races depending on the race length and wear options selected. Finally, players have the option to create a private race and invite their friends. This feature is perfect for NASCAR Heat Evolution leagues that want to host weekly races.

Multiplayer will only feature human drivers on the track, so if there are 24 human players in a session, you will see 24 cars on screen. Your starting position is determined by previous lap times at that track. Those with faster lap times will start closer to the front, helping to ensure that players of equal racing ability are placed near one another for a clean start. If a player quits a race for any reason, their car will disappear from the race, but everyone else can continue to compete for the checkered flag. Players who finish online multiplayer races will get Speed Points, as they do in offline racing. There are also a number of PlayStation Trophies up for grabs for those who compete online.

NASCAR Heat Evolution launches on September 13 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2016, 05:35 PM   #2
Pro

polyduster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NASCAR Heat Evolution Features Up to 40 Human Players in Online Multiplayer Races

No cautions and no AI drivers for online multiplayer.

I'm interested in seeing how their absence will effect the quality and stability of the races.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2016, 06:58 AM   #3
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NASCAR Heat Evolution Features Up to 40 Human Players in Online Multiplayer Races

Disappointing that there's no A.I. Cars online to fill out the pack.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:16 PM   #4
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

So what prevents somebody outside of the "no rules" lobby from driving the wrong way and wrecking everyone? Is it supposed to just police itself?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk... ignore the typos!
Old 08-10-2016, 04:58 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
So what prevents somebody outside of the "no rules" lobby from driving the wrong way and wrecking everyone? Is it supposed to just police itself?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk... ignore the typos!
Wait a second....so the big one happens at Daytona at the front of the pack, and everyone is just supposed to floor it and cross their fingers? That is definitely disappointing to hear.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2016, 03:10 PM   #6
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

GTA can't have 5+ player races without kids trying to wreck everyone. But NHE is trying to put 40 people (Max) in a lobby, and expect everyone to race clean? We all know that most kids who are losing resort to wrecking people.

I hope ghost racing is an option.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 08-11-2016, 03:34 PM   #7
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyduster
No cautions and no AI drivers for online multiplayer.

I'm interested in seeing how their absence will effect the quality and stability of the races.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yeah, they'd have to rethink the lack of caution flags. Unless...Gulp...you can't wreck at all.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 08-12-2016, 02:15 PM   #8
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

First year pass. I don't think their online play is for me or my style. Nothing screams authentic here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »