Home

Madden NFL 17 Video - New England Patriots vs. Arizona Cardinals (cookieboy17)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Video - New England Patriots vs. Arizona Cardinals (cookieboy17) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2016, 12:55 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - New England Patriots vs. Arizona Cardinals (cookieboy17)

With ratings seeming to be still a don't really matter issue in this game, I'm also concerned about not seeing much about the new zone coverages and gap assignments. With that being on the big feature list I'm surprised by the lack of videos on it. We got all these videos dumped on us and none of them really show off these features. I also would like to see videos created by the devs showing these features working and not the youtubers.
Old 08-13-2016, 03:30 AM   #18
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - New England Patriots vs. Arizona Cardinals (cookieboy17)

Die hard pats fan here....The colorways on thier cleats are so far off. its amazing how much it takes away from the authenticity of the game....
Old 08-13-2016, 04:04 AM   #19
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

OVR: 0

That DT had speed and stupid quicks lmfao... come on EA lol
Old 08-13-2016, 05:11 AM   #20
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
That is such a poor answer. But with the focus on E Sports, user control will continue to trump ratings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I don't think people have a problem with him being in coverage, it's just how much ground he covers.
Quote:
How do I suggest they fix it? Proper stamina, locomotion, turning, cutting, acceleration. That was a DT. He was running in the secondary like Sam Shields.....
Quote:
The DT was Alan Branch.

In Madden 17, his ratings are as follows...

64 speed
54 agility
65 stamina
80 acceleration

How is what he did possible with those ratings?

This is why ratings are still a huge problem in Madden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
If users wanna do that with DT fine, but at least make ratings matter, no way Alan Branch is The Honeybadger is coverage and no way he backpedals fast enough to keep up with a 20 yard route.

I like to think Rex misunderstood what we were saying like some people here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreengutta
That DT had speed and stupid quicks lmfao... come on EA lol
That Cardinal User should have ran for the first one the DT dropped back, but that's neither here nor there. Rex may have misunderstood the question, but I don't think that he would have been able to give a different answer even if he understood it correctly.

That a player can User a DT(or any player) way beyond his level of athleticism, is a design choice that is a like a giant anchor dragging down the authenticity of the gameplay, IMO. It keeps the game too tactics oriented, and less about solid football strategy.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:17 AM   #21
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
If users wanna do that with DT fine, but at least make ratings matter, no way Alan Branch is The Honeybadger is coverage and no way he backpedals fast enough to keep up with a 20 yard route.
The user isn't backpedaling with Branch, he starts sprinting full bore down the field immediately after disengaging his block.

Branch's 64 SPD 80 ACC is good enough for about a 4.8-4.9 straight-line 40 time in Madden, and those ratings on par with many quarterbacks in the game. He's playing exactly to his ratings. The user here is just being a clown, and his opponent didn't take advantage; in fact he threw the ball directly at Branch.

The problems I have with this play really boil down to a couple long-standing player ratings issues I have with Madden:
- why does Alan Branch have an 80 ACC rating despite a 1.68 10-yard split from his combine (when he was 30 lbs lighter)? Further - Chad Henne, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Aaron Rodgers, Jameis Winston, and Matt Moore all ran within 0.02 of 1.68 on the 10-yard split, but they all have wildly different ACC ratings. What gives?
- Alan Branch has a STA rating of 65. He should not be able to hold top speed for very long. Based on NFL combine workout numbers, every single player who runs on the field in Madden is capable of maintaining top speed way too long relative to his real-life counterpart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2016, 07:44 AM   #22
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Really seems like these gameplay videos are doing more harm than good at this point.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:06 AM   #23
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Clint just responded to this subject

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2016, 08:07 AM   #24
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Really seems like these gameplay videos are doing more harm than good at this point.

Most of the videos left me feeling very excited to play, always will be some negatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »