Home

Madden NFL 17 Video - Tackle Battles (Madden Daily)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Video - Tackle Battles (Madden Daily) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2016, 10:18 AM   #9
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - Tackle Battles (Madden Daily)

Not really a fan of Tackle Battles. Would much rather have the ratings determine if I make or break a tackle.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:09 AM   #10
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Not really a fan of Tackle Battles. Would much rather have the ratings determine if I make or break a tackle.
By and large, they do. This is purely when the weight and ratings are within a certain range. It used to be that this was a dice roll that the user had no control over. This replaces that.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:17 AM   #11
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I like this feature. adds some unpredictability to controlling the ball carrier. from the gameplay vids i've seen the tackle battles are somewhat rare and the animations that play out from them are unique to tackle battles. which makes for a nice variety and added 'wow' moments. those who say it looks bad.. consider the alternative. 2 players with equal ratings collide and a coin flips decides which animation will occur. with tackle battles, you have a chance to make the play. I'm hoping its balanced vs CPU and you dont win everytime but I know for sure it will be a big hit in online play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2016, 11:29 AM   #12
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I like this feature. adds some unpredictability to controlling the ball carrier. from the gameplay vids i've seen the tackle battles are somewhat rare and the animations that play out from them are unique to tackle battles. which makes for a nice variety and added 'wow' moments. those who say it looks bad.. consider the alternative. 2 players with equal ratings collide and a coin flips decides which animation will occur. with tackle battles, you have a chance to make the play. I'm hoping its balanced vs CPU and you dont win everytime but I know for sure it will be a big hit in online play.
That's why I'm not a fan because I can see the user winning almost every time against the CPU. For people who don't play against the CPU I can see it being fun.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:46 AM   #13
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
those who say it looks bad.. consider the alternative. 2 players with equal ratings collide and a coin flips decides which animation will occur. with tackle battles, you have a chance to make the play. I'm hoping its balanced vs CPU and you dont win everytime but I know for sure it will be a big hit in online play.
For me personally, I don't have so much a problem with the mechanic(though I'd much rather have a rapid button press), it's the animations that go with it. They aren't smooth or natural. They're very abrupt the way they play out. Similar to the way the line play plays out. The win or loss is always so clear it just doesn't look natural or realistic to me.

I'm sure there are instances where it does, but a majority of them that I've seen are just jarring and abrupt.....

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-15-2016, 11:54 AM   #14
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Hopefully this can be mastered to the point that we know buttons to push instead seeing those stupid icons during game play. Any word that this can be turned off?

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 08-15-2016, 12:09 PM   #15
EA Sports Community Manager

EASPORTS_AJ's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Hopefully this can be mastered to the point that we know buttons to push instead seeing those stupid icons during game play. Any word that this can be turned off?
How would you know which button you were supposed to press if it didn't show up on screen? It's not the same button every time, so you can't predict it (i.e. win every time.) It's a random button, so you would need to know which one you need to press.

Also, please remember that A) These don't trigger all the time, and B) even if you win the battle, you can still be brought down by a second defender/gang tackle. It's only really going to break you free if you're 1-on-1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2016, 12:21 PM   #16
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

The logic of this feature is totally fine with me, but the animations that come with this feature bothers me, but that's not saying much since there aren't to many animations in Madden that I do like.

This game will be golden in my eyes once these animations start to look like natural movements.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »