Home

F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here

This is a discussion on F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2016, 07:21 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here

F1 2016 arrives today for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Check out the launch trailer here.

If you get the game, let us know what you think.

Quote:
Featuring all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from this thrilling 2016 season, we’re very happy to tell you that F1 2016 boasts the most extensive Career Mode ever seen in the franchise. Stretching for up to ten seasons, you’ll be able to Create Your Own Legend, working with your Research and Development Engineer and Agent to get the most out of your time in FORMULA ONE™.

With action both on and off the track, we believe that F1 2016 is the most complete FORMULA ONE experience we’ve ever created. For the first time you’ll experience the pre-race tension of the Formation Lap, before the drama of manual starts. During the racing the iconic Safety Car makes a return and is complemented by the new Virtual Safety Car.

For the first time in the franchise, you’ll also be able to edit your field of view on not just the offset t-cam, but the t-cam as well across all platforms. This means you’ll be able to adjust the field of view to exactly how you’d like in F1 2016.

Online, F1 2016 has support for up to 22 players, allowing you to create full grids of human players. The brand new Multiplayer Championship Mode will also allow up to 22 players to compete against each other over the course of a season. You’ll be able to race together as team mates or battle it out as different teams.

In our saveable Multiplayer Championships, the host will be able to remove drivers, or substitute one driver for another. AI drivers are optional as well. Not only that, but you’ll also be able to quit and resume in between any session.

This will be the first time that you’ll be able to race the thrilling Baku street circuit, the home of the 2016 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE, and drive for the new US-based Haas F1 Team.

Available now, F1 2016 Limited Edition includes the ‘CAREER BOOSTER’ DLC PACK, which will give players a head start in their career as well as exclusive Career Helmet and Laptop designs.
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2016, 07:43 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
I have been playing since Tuesday and have to say that this is THE best F1 game ever. No bugs or glitches, no balance issues (so far) and a smooth frame rate. The feel with the G29 at default settings is heavy but I enjoy it now I'm used to it. Much easier to catch a slide properly mid corner. The cars feels good and the AI has fantastic pace.

I have experienced just one 'issue'; I have seen one safety car so far (not the issue), and it is either driving too quickly or the F1 cars are driving too slowly, so by the time it peels back into the pits I was still sat behind cars that had yet to catch the safety car 'train'.

It was picked up in some youtube videos but it may not be an issue as I have only seen it once so far.

No experience with online yet but for league racing there are all the tools, including full rules and a championship tool to save leagues.

Superb effort from Codies! I can't ask for much more. Massively impressed from first 3/4 days. 9/10
Old 08-19-2016, 07:50 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here

For someone who only plays season mode and is picky about buying new games, is it worth $65? I'm already happy with '15.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:34 AM   #4
Pro

chunt04's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here

Waiting for my copy in the mail today. Can't wait to play career mode. To answer the above question, I would say yes this year is worth it as they have the safety car back in, formation lap and a full career mode spanning multiple seasons now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

VT Grad '08
Old 08-19-2016, 08:43 AM   #5
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8
I'm still waiting on mine too. I ordered from target have yet to hear any word on my order.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2016, 11:22 AM   #6
Rookie

jrdsvtk's Arena

OVR: 2
Pre-loaded the xbone version last night. Real excited to get in and play this.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:21 PM   #7
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Just ran the first race of my career and I loved it. Experienced no bugs. I saw the AI battling with each other, had a vsc for a short period of time. Late in the race the engineer told me that a couple drivers were having mechanical issues, as was I (engine problem causing a slight loss of power) I think that was actually a good thing at that point though as my tires were getting pretty bad. It was so fun. Can't wait to keep the career going.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:36 PM   #8
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8
Man this killing me. I had to cancel my order as target didn't when they were getting called nearby stores and none had it. Will try for it next week.😔

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »