Home

Playstation Plus is Getting a $10 Price Hike...

This is a discussion on Playstation Plus is Getting a $10 Price Hike... within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 01:46 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Playstation Plus is Getting a $10 Price Hike...

Playstation Plus, Sony's online gaming subscription service, will be getting a $10 price hike this next month.

Quote:
The price of PlayStation Plus is rising by a Hamilton. Beginning on September 22nd, the yearly fee will increase by $10 — from $49.99 to $59.99.

The new price won’t impact current subscribers until its time for renewal. So, if you’ve been considering PlayStation Plus, it would be cheaper to join this month for the next year at the lower rate. If you’re a subscriber already and would rather not continue with the new price, Sony’s blog recommends you turn off auto-renewal in your account setting by September 22nd.

On top of getting access to online functionality within games, Sony's service also offers discounts on game purchases and even some free downloads. The three-month subscription is also getting a $7 price hike to $24.99. One-month subscriptions will remain at $9.99.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 02:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
The free games have been really underwhelming so far. I won't be renewing my PSplus subscription.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
I didn't mind getting NBA2K16 in June as I didn't buy it previously. I picked up Driveclub back when it was available as well as Rocket League. Tricky Towers is a nice little game too for the family or a timekiller online. $60 is well worth it.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:35 PM   #4
Banned

Raisnets's Arena

That's cool and all but digital games need a price slash. no digital game should cost 59.99,
Old 08-22-2016, 03:05 PM   #5
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisnets
That's cool and all but digital games need a price slash. no digital game should cost 59.99,
Dude, you read my mind. I want so badly to have all digital games and not have to store or swap discs regularly, but damn....hard to get into that routine when I can buy the disc for $48 via Amazon and then trade it in for $10 or $15 when I'm over it.

Hard to understand the pricing logic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 03:21 PM   #6
Rookie

Deflo_'s Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Dude, you read my mind. I want so badly to have all digital games and not have to store or swap discs regularly, but damn....hard to get into that routine when I can buy the disc for $48 via Amazon and then trade it in for $10 or $15 when I'm over it.

Hard to understand the pricing logic.
Well, they aren't going to compete with themselves by offering the same product at a cheaper price. The reason you can usually get the discs cheaper is they are either pre-owned, or for a company like Amazon, a cost of doing business. The studio itself isn't going to undercut itself to provide convenience.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:24 PM   #7
Banned

I dont get it why is sony doing this? As a consumer i dont think this is good marketing.. Microsoft havent changed the price of live in over three years and they are the number one online system.. Even tho i have both consoles.. I will go on a month to month sub.. 😡😡😠
Old 08-22-2016, 03:27 PM   #8
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

I actually cancelled both this and Xbox Live because I have been really underwhelmed with the selection of free games offered lately. I hardly ever play online so the free games was the only thing keeping me there. EA Access has been a much better service than both of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »