Home

F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here

This is a discussion on F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2016, 09:48 PM   #33
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here

My new video card can't come fast enough. Looks like I could be up and going by Thursday night.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:57 PM   #34
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Honestly, right now this is one of the best racing sims I have ever played. I was off today and I have literally played this game all day. Yup thats right all day. It is 9pm and I am just firing up The Show for the first time today.

Those of you that know me will be able to understand how rare that is.
( * mind blown *)

Best testimonial so far, cuz I know Bryan is all about that baseball!

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 08-22-2016, 09:25 AM   #35
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm still playing F1 2105. Is 16 a lot better? Would it be worth it for me to pick it up or keep playing 2015? thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 11:43 AM   #36
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Is it possible to customize the weather in career mode? I never play career mode in most racing games because I cannot drive in the rain even if my life depended on.

Sent using a telephone
Old 08-22-2016, 01:41 PM   #37
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Damn... hit 2 stores in this small town im working in today, sold out. Checked in store stock at Best Buy and EB Games/Gamestop in the city, sold out there too. Got one place left to call, but looks like Im waiting until they restock. Which, I guess is OK with Madden this week too. Bummer, was really hoping to get into it tonight.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:50 PM   #38
Rookie

Finn's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
Is it possible to customize the weather in career mode? I never play career mode in most racing games because I cannot drive in the rain even if my life depended on.

Sent using a telephone
I believe you have to have random/dynamic weather in career mode, but is fully customisable in other modes.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:54 PM   #39
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

So, I won my very 1st race for team Red Bull, in amazing fashion. I was running 3rd in the Bahrain GP, with just over a lap left about 2 seconds off the pace. Hamilton and Rosberg were duking it out for the lead, then the unthinkable happened, they took each other out, and I went on by for the win. Serves them right lol.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 08-22-2016, 11:53 PM   #40
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I just finished the Canadian GP, probably one of my better overall races.

but my other races.
Australian GP - 2nd - got luck with the safety car coming out right after my only pit stop. all but Perez ahead of me were on 2 stopper, passed Perez after a long battle, Hamilon blew past me and won, I manged to hang on for 2nd, my teammate 3rd.

Bahrain GP - 5th - qualified 13th, but started 22nd after the game crashed at the end of the race and had to redo it. fought back with a 1 stopper, starting on the hard tire(a common strategy I used for all the races), finished 5th. Grojean blew an engine

China GP - 16th - blew a tire staying on the track too long. really had to fight back just to get 16th. Grojean had a nice race and finished 5th.

Russia GP - 3rd - rain in Q3 shook things up a lot, I got a quick lap in before it got real bad, got my first Pole. In the race, had a terrible start(missed a shift) and fell to 5th. a Mclaren slew down the pack behind me, in front of me Hamilton pitted an extra time and Vettel had an engine failure, so I ended up 3rd(barely, Hamilton nearly caught back up to pass me again). Russia is a fun track to race.

Spain GP - 6th - probably my most hated track right now. I just couldn't find any speed, qualified 17th. did my strategy of starting on hardest tire, changed to next tire down to finish and pushed hard as i could, some how ended up 6th. Don't remember much of who retired, was just glad it was over.

Monaco GP - 7th. Will have to admit, I spammed the flashback on this race. mostly because of the AI break checking really crazy. if I had an issue where it was my fault, i lived with it(broke part of my front wing that had to be replaced), but for those AI break check stuff, I used that flashback.
finished 7th, only because of some crazy passes I did at the end. my strategy of starting on hardest tire wasn't very good at the beginning. I had no grip to pass or get a run on anyone, and there was basically no tire wear at all. only reason to go to a harder tire was because of the regulation of using 2 compounds. It think the projection showed the ultrasoft nearly going all the way to the end. I think it's a fun track, but a pain with AI.

Canada GP - 4th - bad Qualifiying, I had some glitch where in Q2, my car felt like it was a wet track, but the AI was not affected. I've seen other have the issue on Youtube as well. so I didn't even finish a lap in Q2, started 16th.

had a great jump on the start, a couple of cars did not get off and stacked the field. was in top 10 in no time. did my 1 stopper starting on hardest tire, that seemed to work really well. came out of the pits on my stop around 9th, set fastest lap after fastest lap and got up to 5th behind Vettel. I dove it into the last chicane on the outside of Vettel, and ended up making contact and spun him out. felt bad about that. didn't know I spun him until I checked the replay. It kind of looked like he was letting me by, but I guess not. but the last 15 or so laps, I was just pushing the hard as I could to try and pass as many people as I could. I really like using my strategy of starting on hardest tire first, although can't really do that if you qualify inside the top 10 unless you somehow manage to do that by running hard tires in Q2 and still make it to Q3.

that puts me exactly 1/3 into the season. 4th in points, but 66 points behind Hamilton. my teammate Grojean in 7th in points. Hass is in 3rd in contructors points way behind Ferrari, and double that to Mercades. Mercades won all but 1 race in those 7 races.

on R&D, HASS is right in the middle currently, so we are over performing, but Grojean is right there with me except for Bahrain where he blew an engine, and Monaco, where AI didn't seem to be able to pass. so It doesn't appear I'm out performing by a bunch or anything. and the gap between Expert and Legend is so much, I would probably be finishing between 18-22 each race. I know I'm no where near Mercades and Ferrari, and can really only compete with Red Bull if I use tire strategy to my favor.

to compare with some people's career on Youtube, it seems i may be lucky and that Haas was the "surprise" team in my career. I've seen other where Toro Rosso were up there where Haas is in my and Hass in their's are bad. Niether Willaims driver even in top 10 in points in my career. It's Hamilton, Vettel(-23), then Roseburg(-25). Riccardo right on my heels 8 points behind.

The AI seem to have some wreck of their own, and have retirement here and there. I haven't had any engine blowouts yet, I've been told a couple of time that my engine was getting weaker, and it did go yellow in the damage screen. I had the puncture that ruined my Chinese GP. I would be right there with the 3 top guys if that didn't happen.

Overall, I've having a blast with the game. in past F1 games, for Career/season mode at least, I would have been bored by now. I do wish there was a way to see results from past races(I don't believe there is a way, I don't see it anyway), and maybe a way to save replays in game, like in NR 2003.

Baku is next, only saw the F1 race there, never race there in any game(if it has been in any game before).

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »