Home

PES 2017 Demo Available on Xbox One, PS4, PS3 - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2017 Demo Available on Xbox One, PS4, PS3 - Post Your Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2016, 11:43 AM   #17
Rookie

BSDShoes's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2017 Demo Available on Xbox One, Later Today on PS3, PS4 - Post Your Impressi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcfTsslGL3I

Demo looking really good this year, better than demo last year and so.

PS- PS Store updates around 3pm-ish PST/6pm EST Tuesdays.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:07 PM   #18
Rookie

Re: PES 2017 Demo Available on Xbox One, Later Today on PS3, PS4 - Post Your Impressi

Demo already on US PSN!
Old 08-23-2016, 12:24 PM   #19
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honome
Demo already on US PSN!
Thanks for the heads up, downloading it now so it can be ready for when I get home.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:48 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Here are my impressions, from my very first game.

- Outside Back defending, following runners
- Shifting to ATTACK/DEFENSE mentality...so sensitive! Tone it down!
+ Other than that, it's fantastic!!!!

Matt, donīt expect Konami to fix the gameplay issues you noted. They barely touch the gameplay with patches, so i donīt see something as this being fixed (hope im wrong though!).

However, i believe that even without sliders some issues could be minimized.

First, the Superstar difficulty will probably make the players more agressive on the ball (fullbackīs included).

Second, you played with teams with terrible defenders and, since they are South American, in PES this usually means that they have the "Contain" setting on tactics and not the "Press" or "Agressive"

And yes, although these are on CPU teams you can change them and have them reflected on the pitch. In PES, each team has itīs own space for tactics alocated and if you change it on the edit menu, it will save forever and will be used on all gameplay modes (play now, ML, etc...).

There are no sliders in PES but there are very deep team tactics options that have impact on the pitch (unlike FIFA).

Loved your ommentary on the game, and to me what stands out the most (and this is something that i canīt get in FIFA) is the randomness. It feels that anything can happen in the game, that there are no "predifined" wayīs of playing and these adds a lot to longevity on the game.

p.s. - can you try a game with 2 top teams on Superstar difficulty and see what happens?

Last edited by nunogomes; 08-23-2016 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:53 PM   #21
Rookie

After two games, I'm really impressed. Excellent range of animations, and I love how tight the defence is when closing you down.

I'm still of the belief that FIFA is the better of the two series' at present, but this isn't far behind. I'm delighted that we have two fantastic soccer/football series' to get our teeth into.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 01:09 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
Matt, donīt expect Konami to fix the gameplay issues you noted. They barely touch the gameplay with patches, so i donīt see something as this being fixed (hope im wrong though!).

However, i believe that even without sliders some issues could be minimized.

First, the Superstar difficulty will probably make the players more agressive on the ball (fullbackīs included).

Second, you played with teams with terrible defenders and, since they are South American, in PES this usually means that they have the "Contain" setting on tactics and not the "Press" or "Agressive"

And yes, although these are on CPU teams you can change them and have them reflected on the pitch. In PES, each team has itīs own space for tactics alocated and if you change it on the edit menu, it will save forever and will be used on all gameplay modes (play now, ML, etc...).

There are no sliders in PES but there are very deep team tactics options that have impact on the pitch (unlike FIFA).

Loved your ommentary on the game, and to me what stands out the most (and this is something that i canīt get in FIFA) is the randomness. It feels that anything can happen in the game, that there are no "predifined" wayīs of playing and these adds a lot to longevity on the game.

p.s. - can you try a game with 2 top teams on Superstar difficulty and see what happens?
Hey Nuno, good to see you.

I played superstar as well and it happens throughout all teams. This is a built in/embedded issue with the defensive mentality. Ever since they introduced the Attacking Prowess and Defensive Prowess values, there is no in-between. So they will either Defend the man as much as they can, or they will go in a full out attack as much as possible.

Tactics always play a role, but the fundamentals should not be handicapped if that's the case. The same thing happened in PES 16 and is exactly what I was talking about in my first PES 17 video on PESDay2 reviews/videos. DMend also posted a video of his attempts to remedy it, and it showed the defender hugging the man off the ball like it's a corner kick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyIDspwVY0s

I agree that tactics are very deep, but like I said, they should not be the be all end all - which is what common PES players defend. That's not right. No team in the world has all 11-players completely in-sync with the prescribed tactics. Doesn't happen.

I'll definitely get another video posted on Superstar with top quality teams to prove the point a bit further. Like I said though, 2 issues here, and if fixed - this game will have potential to be gameplay king again.

FYI, I did make Bhatti and Asim aware. Adam retweeted me and replied with saying they take all feedback - and the one criticism last year was making the full game play different than the demo. Good stuff, let's see what happens - like you said - we can only hope!
Old 08-23-2016, 01:46 PM   #23
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Was only able to play one game so far, but so far really like what I am seeing. I don't get some of the criticism, but maybe I need to play more.

Loved the weight of the players and how it really felt like you're controlling a high agility player such as Alexis while pulling off some skill moves going down the flank, and then hitting a shot from outside the box carried a lot of power in it. The ball flew over the goal by only a foot but you could tell you hit it with great power.

The player movement felt good as well. Fouls finally called! I had 3 FK's from outside the box, which by my count, was 3 times more than I had all last year in PES16.

As always, graphics were great IMO, and the player models still vastly out perform FIFA. Tho FIFA with Frostbite this year that may change.

Over all really excited for the game and can't wait to see what the modding community does for the PS4.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:55 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Hey Nuno, good to see you.

I played superstar as well and it happens throughout all teams. This is a built in/embedded issue with the defensive mentality. Ever since they introduced the Attacking Prowess and Defensive Prowess values, there is no in-between. So they will either Defend the man as much as they can, or they will go in a full out attack as much as possible.

Tactics always play a role, but the fundamentals should not be handicapped if that's the case. The same thing happened in PES 16 and is exactly what I was talking about in my first PES 17 video on PESDay2 reviews/videos. DMend also posted a video of his attempts to remedy it, and it showed the defender hugging the man off the ball like it's a corner kick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyIDspwVY0s

I agree that tactics are very deep, but like I said, they should not be the be all end all - which is what common PES players defend. That's not right. No team in the world has all 11-players completely in-sync with the prescribed tactics. Doesn't happen.

I'll definitely get another video posted on Superstar with top quality teams to prove the point a bit further. Like I said though, 2 issues here, and if fixed - this game will have potential to be gameplay king again.

FYI, I did make Bhatti and Asim aware. Adam retweeted me and replied with saying they take all feedback - and the one criticism last year was making the full game play different than the demo. Good stuff, let's see what happens - like you said - we can only hope!
Ok, so the mentality shifting you talk (and very noticeable of course) is not possible to fix with tactics, but if you choose 2 big teams on Superstar with the press tactic, do the fullbackīs still just follow you down the line or do they attack you?

Solving at least one problem with tactics would be a nice improvement...

About Bahtti and Asim... donīt take anything they say seriously about gameplay updates, just the boots and balls update!

EDIT: one thing i tottaly forgot about your video!! The ball possession was exactly 50-50! Awesome!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »