Home

F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here

This is a discussion on F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2016, 04:06 PM   #49
Rookie

Finn's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
I cannot play with stability control off, has to be on for me. Every single time I come out of a turn the car wants to spin, even when I perfect the corner, this is the 1st F1 game I've played though. Also, is there any setting to increase full track caution frequency? Where everyone lines up behind the pace car.
There is no slider or setting to control the frequency of the safety car or virtual safety car. I guess if the devs decide that it is too infrequent they could up the likelyhood and patch it in. But for now even with a major incident it can seem a bit random.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:44 PM   #50
Rookie

Suvorov's Arena

OVR: 3

Haas is not the worst racing team. That would be Manor. In fact, Haas ranks in the middle somewhere IN THIS GAME. I am making that clear, so that people don't think I am talking real life. Don't need to get into some debate over which team is better or worse than another.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:41 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am 3 races into a career at this point. I LOVE this game. Has to be the best console racing experience I've ever had. I have run 3 races as a Haas driver and I've been decent in the first 2, then in the 3rd, I was leading in a rain soaked race as I crossed the finish line, but received a 3 second penalty for going off track (it was pouring rain most of the race and it started drying up, but I stayed on wets to keep the lead). So close, and yet so far away. Lol. The career mode has added so much fun and excitement to this game. Can't wait to get back on the track tonight and continue my progression towards being an F1 elite. 😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 06:11 PM   #52
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
I cannot play with stability control off, has to be on for me. Every single time I come out of a turn the car wants to spin, even when I perfect the corner, this is the 1st F1 game I've played though. Also, is there any setting to increase full track caution frequency? Where everyone lines up behind the pace car.
I was that way with abs for a while. I guess the PC version doesn't have stability control, or it's not visible when a wheel is in use?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-23-2016, 06:30 PM   #53
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

My last sim racer, project cars was frustrating to get balanced control settings to make enjoyable experience. With this game can you have enjoyable experience with a controller, im on xbox.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2016, 09:57 PM   #54
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Finish European GP in Baku.

was fast all weekend practices on the short runs, got into Q3 and pushed hard, just missed the pole by .086 seconds behind Vettel.

the first 9 laps were just trying to hold off Rosburg and Hamilton, who were faster, but just could get by and stay ahead. I did a couple of cross-over moves and slip-stream passes to stay ahead.

Hamilton undercut us and got ahead, but he got stuck behind traffic and I took advantage and got by him and the cars that hadn't pitted yet. Hamilton was on a 2 stopper, I was on a 1 stopper, but my tires were not going to make it on the pace I was racing at. luckily for both of us, the rain came and everyone went to Intermediate tires.

I was actually faster than Hamilton in the rain, and was catching Vettel, but was already too far behind, then the rain just stopped and got dry real quick in the last 2 laps, so that was interesting.

the street courses have ended up being good for me so far.

I recorded the replay of the race, might upload it tonight if I remember. ended up being exactly 50 minutes.

Grojean blew another engine. he is having such bad luck.He fell down to 7th in points. I'm still sitting in 4th. Gap between Hamilton and Vettel went down.

next is Austrian GP. Don't believe I've raced there either. Don't remember it at least.

decided to save my research point and get a bunch of upgrades for the British GP in 2 races. no gameplay reason for it, just thought I would be like how the AI does it. planning on doing another round of upgrades for Monza(Italy, since we have Ferrari engines), then for the home race in Texas. will probably stockpile the rest for the beginning of next season.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-23-2016, 10:37 PM   #55
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Finally got it installed, then the 2 GB update... Ugh.. got a quick race in at Canada. Wow.. I struggled. I'm rusty. Haven't played 2015 in quite sometime.

Then, since I was low on time, just went into time trial mode. Wow did I struggle. Seems like either steering is more touchy, or braking is more touchy, but I was always either over breaking, or not getting enough steering response and then sliding offline into the marbles.

I'm sure once I run some practice laps and get used to the feeling of the games driving model again I'll be fine. I'm used to Forza right now, so I'm sure that's most of my problem. I'll adjust.

Looks amazing too, but given the last few games, that's no surprise.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk... ignore the typos!

Last edited by brandon27; 08-23-2016 at 10:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 12:15 AM   #56
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash13
I did a few quick races last night to get adjusted to the controls and the game itself, since I've never played an F1 game. I'm awful, plain and simple. Haha. It's definitely going to take some time for me to get used to all the ins-and-outs of a racing game, but it was still a lot of fun! I played Baku, Italy (Monza maybe), and Spa last night. Spa looks amazing and is probably my favorite so far. I'm looking forward to getting in more time!
Just some things that help me....

Adjust your difficulty and assists to help you be able to just turn good consistent laps on time trials. I suggest leaving traction control on, low brake assist. Feel free to reduce or disable assists as you get better. Its all in how much you want to put in to it.

Try using the 3d race line in "corners only" mode for a while.

Finally, when approaching a turn, brake while you are still going straight and then get off the brake when starting turn, and roll through the turn, accelerate as you exit the turn. This will help a lot and accelerate smoothly so you don't spin.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

Last edited by Lieutenant Dan; 08-24-2016 at 12:18 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »