Home

NBA 2K17 Player Rating - Andre Drummond = 87

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Player Rating - Andre Drummond = 87 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2016, 04:55 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K17 Player Rating - Andre Drummond

Should be a 99. Definitely not pre-ordering.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:02 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Player Rating - Andre Drummond

Seems right maybe even too high. Got almost no offensive game apart from dunks.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:01 PM   #11
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackZillaTV
How does he go from an 89 to an 87 without even playing??
Maybe there are new attributes? Or maybe the value of attributes are valued differently? Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 07:08 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K17 Player Rating - Andre Drummond = 87

I like it seem reasonable.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:19 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
Seems right maybe even too high. Got almost no offensive game apart from dunks.
You must not watch him play, I would say half of his points or about 40% come from the post, Granted I am from Detroit and watch every game lol, rating seems about right tho
Old 08-23-2016, 07:39 PM   #14
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0
his overall rating seem fine to me but he suck at Free Throw
Old 08-23-2016, 09:26 PM   #15
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

OVR: 7

He can't hit free throws, sure. Everyone knows that and he must improve going forward, for his own sake if not for anything else. However, he is a prolific rebounder, a very good rim protector and possesses an underrated offensive game getting better by the year, which is demonstrated by de5m0n's uninformed post. I'm not going to pretend like he's Hakeem Olajuwon, but he's much better on the offensive end than he's given credit for.

Anyway, if he plays like the Big Penguin, the overall rating doesn't mean a thing.

Last edited by TheVinylHippo; 08-23-2016 at 09:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 10:24 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones16
You must not watch him play, I would say half of his points or about 40% come from the post, Granted I am from Detroit and watch every game lol, rating seems about right tho
I, too, am from Detroit and watched approximately 80 of the team's 86 games this past season but I share a very different opinion regarding his post game. Outside of unicorn moments like his step through against Portland, he essentially has one move (jump hook) and it's typically more inefficient than all of his peers.

Drummond made 552 field goals last year. Of those field goals, here's how a portion of them broke down:

-83 alley oops (109 attempts)
-120 dunks (138 dunk attempts)
-263 layups (489 layup attempts, 53.8 percent)
-86 tip-shots (158 attempts)
-27 jump shots (114 attempts)
-0 fadeaways (0 attempts)
-137 hook shots (314 attempts, 43.8 percent)

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/203083/stats/shooting/

Again, his reliance on the hook shot outpaced every other center in the league by probably close to 50 attempts, yet his success rate was below that of even Dwight Howard and DeAndre Jordan.

In addition, Drummond frequently had difficulty establishing even semi-deep position, which is what often made success in the post so tough for him to begin with. Not to be too obvious, but the moments where he's able to big boy someone and catch his post entry within five feet, he's got a pretty darn good chance of scoring, whether by hook, rebound, or missed shot followed by tip. But more times than not, that didn't happen last year, as illustrated by the numbers above.

He's young and he's developing but on the offensive end, dunks, lobs, and tip-ins are still his bread and butter. They'll keep pushing to develop that post game of his but to this point, it's still very raw, predictable, and quite honestly, solidly mediocre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
He can't hit free throws, sure. Everyone knows that and he must improve going forward, for his own sake if not for anything else. However, he is a prolific rebounder, a very good rim protector and possesses an underrated offensive game getting better by the year, which is demonstrated by de5m0n's uninformed post. I'm not going to pretend like he's Hakeem Olajuwon, but he's much better on the offensive end than he's given credit for.

Anyway, if he plays like the Big Penguin, the overall rating doesn't mean a thing.
Not to get too finicky, but I'm also not sure he's too great of a rim protector at this point. He has that capability, but he seems to be frequently stuck between either being aggressive defensively (leading to a strong presence but also foul trouble) or standing around and watching (leading to less fouls but also maddeningly easy buckets at the rim for the opposition). He's also often slow on rotations and had a semi-regular habit of committing awful fouls at the worst times (say, fouling stretch bigs behind the arc).

Last edited by VDusen04; 08-23-2016 at 10:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »