Home

F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here

This is a discussion on F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2016, 09:56 AM   #57
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here

I was awake way too early this morning, so I grabbed a coffee and headed down stairs and fire this up before work. Got 3 five lap quick races in. One in a Ferrari, one Williams, one as Red Bull at Canada, Italy, and Russia. Three quick, but not very technical/demanding tracks IMO.

I was much smoother this morning than last night. I didn't really think about it, but the wife and I polished off a couple bottles of wine last night, that probably had an affect on my driving skills last night lol.

Game is as great as I expected it to be. I've been easing myself back into it. Ran all three raced this morning on Medium difficulty, no braking assist, but full traction control. Won at Canada, Second at Monza, Technically won at Russia, but I cut a corner resulting in a 2 second penalty, and I damaged the front wing on the last lap letting Hamilton really close the gap on me, then the penalty... I finished first, but placed 3rd lol Time to up the difficulty tonight, I don't remember what I played on last year. I still have it, so I'll probably check, but it must have been on hard or higher though.

I find the AI interesting. They seemed a bit more aggressive than usual. When I was in the Williams car, starting in 8th, it seems like they run with me, and you have some great racing with them. You've really got to pass at the right spots, in the right ways. Excited to get home, crank up the difficulty more, or back to where I had it last year anyways and get some good racing adventures in.

Once I get the hang of it again, off comes the traction control again too.

I love how this game punishes you for leaving the racing line though. Stay out to wide in a turn, you're loosing grip, and covering the tires in junk for a bit of a lasting loss of grip effect. Same with getting into the dirt/grass. They do such a fantastic job with the driving in this game, I can only hope that the Nascar Heat team has built similar driving characteristics into their upcoming game. Codemasters has nailed it again IMO from my limited time so far. Can't wait to get into career mode.

This is definitely going to challenge Madden for my time this week, and that's saying a lot because Madden is a big step this year and I can't get enough of it either.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:34 AM   #58
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Anyone have an extra or not using the Booster Code DLC in the physical game for PS4? I could use it. Thanks!

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 08-24-2016, 03:33 PM   #59
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Damn I'd really like to pick this up. If anyone sees a sale plz let me know. I want in but it's Madden, NBA, NFL, FIFA season

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 08-24-2016, 04:31 PM   #60
Rookie

barryf1fan's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Damn I'd really like to pick this up. If anyone sees a sale plz let me know. I want in but it's Madden, NBA, NFL, FIFA season
Lol!! I hear'ya JohnDoe, but for me it's F1, FIFA, NHL, then Madden season.

And yes, really enjoying F1 this year - it is a better game than 2015, I think 2013 was a better game than '14/'15.
Picked up Madden last night and, so far, it's really good - loving the run game this iteration.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:08 PM   #61
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

If anyone is interested, race replay of the European GP in Baku. 50% length

started 2nd, managed to hold off and finish there. the rain segment at the end was mostly me running all alone. It's an interesting track. some of the camera angles at the end were pretty cool looking though.

I think it's still processing the higher quality versions. it was recorded at 3440x1440.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 09:42 PM   #62
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Is there an option to do in car view on replays as it is easier to follow?
Old 08-24-2016, 09:56 PM   #63
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Is there an option to do in car view on replays as it is easier to follow?
in replay you can do all driving views plus the TV style view.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-24-2016, 10:38 PM   #64
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Got into career tonight. The improvement they made there is worth the purchase alone. Meant to just check out career tonight then switch to Madden... Ended up playing f1 all night

My only complaint... The practice programs to earn the r&d points seem a bit lengthy and tedious to do for every race weekend.

Great game though so far. Loving it

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk... ignore the typos!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »