Home

NASCAR Heat Evolution Hands-On Impressions (Polygon)

This is a discussion on NASCAR Heat Evolution Hands-On Impressions (Polygon) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2016, 01:39 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NASCAR Heat Evolution Hands-On Impressions (Polygon)

Owen Good from Polygon has just posted his hands-on impressions of NASCAR Heat Evolution with quite a few interesting details. Check it out and post your thoughts. The game releases on September 13 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Quote:
The previous editions of NASCAR-licensed games, developed by Eutechnyx, had drivers racing on rails and accelerating or braking within them. "This is a very racy AI," Wilson said, mentioning that the EA Sports games had three AI lines that all drivers adhered to. NASCAR Heat Evolution has none. Drivers should drive where they would in that situation in a real race.

"You just always knew where they're going to be," in earlier series, Wilson said. "We really wanted a race at Talladega, in our game, to pack up like in real life."

That also means the potential for a Talladega-class wreck. I didn't see many AI driver errors, much less ones leading to a major pileup.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 02:23 PM   #2
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NASCAR Heat Evolution Hands-On Impressions (Polygon)

Quote:
For now, the game features only the NASCAR Sprint Cup series and its drivers, not the lower-rung Xfinity or Camping World Trucks series. It's possible they might join the game later through downloadable content.
Man, if they could pull that off it would mean so much to Career Mode, assuming they could integrate it. I'm not holding my breath but it would be cool.

This looks like it's shaping to be a pretty good first effort. I can deal with okay-ish graphics, if the A.I. is sharp and the sim racing is handled well, then that will be good enough. But so much of these games are based on feel, there's no way I can look at a video and judge how a racing game feels or handles. Fingers crossed.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:55 PM   #3
Rookie

I sure hope this is good. F1 2016 has set the bar high, but I'd also love a decent NASCAR racer to go along with it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2016, 05:12 PM   #4
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Though it is a first release and a few things from what I have watched online bother me such as realism and the cars supposedly not on rails, I will still purchase to support their effort. Knowing it is their first release, I can deal with it and lower my expectations for a year.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:56 PM   #5
Redskins big 3

Vechi8's Arena

OVR: 17
We old guys remember the Heat series very well. It was a great brand of racing in which was easy to add mods including the then Busch series and the craftsman truck series. It was the holy grail of PC racing until.... Nascar Racing 2003
A great look at the past Heat mods is at the mos squad which is http://www.themodsquad.info/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 10:41 PM   #6
Rookie

I'd love to see an online career mode. Nothing like racing against buddies in a season format for bragging rights.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:51 PM   #7
Pro

legacyme3's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Man, if they could pull that off it would mean so much to Career Mode, assuming they could integrate it. I'm not holding my breath but it would be cool.

This looks like it's shaping to be a pretty good first effort. I can deal with okay-ish graphics, if the A.I. is sharp and the sim racing is handled well, then that will be good enough. But so much of these games are based on feel, there's no way I can look at a video and judge how a racing game feels or handles. Fingers crossed.
The more I see, the more hyped I get, and the more I begin to realize that what I want isn't a new NASCAR game, but a NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona remake, with updated drivers, graphics, and more realistic gameplay.

I'm very excited for this game.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:42 PM   #8
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyflame21
I'd love to see an online career mode. Nothing like racing against buddies in a season format for bragging rights.

While I'd have no interest in this as I don't like to play much online, personally... I see this as a next, natural step for them. I mean, they've already got the ability for 40 player online races. So, the next step naturally should be online career/season mode.

This is sounding nice, I'm still a little hesitant. I should have pre-ordered it when I was in the other day, but I've got so many new games in deep into right now with Madden, F12016, and then FH3 around the corner too, I may hold off on this one and NHL for a little bit. I see Best Buy is listing this one here in Canada for 79.99. That's a bit insane for a title I'm not 100% sold on, especially with the visuals potentially not being up to par form the videos. We'll see what happens I guess. I'm going to buy it, it's just a matter of when right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »