Home

F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here

This is a discussion on F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2016, 02:15 PM   #73
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: F1 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impresssions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
Ok thanks, thinking of picking the game up soon.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

As I said, I play with a controller, on X1. Forza 6, I find is a bit difficult with a controller. This game for me, is a breeze with a controller. You just have to be aware that you can just mash the gas coming out of a turn if you have the traction control off. You've also got to have the ability to be gentle on your left stick for steering. Don't just slam it left or right, you'll have lots of long, sweeping turns that require more touch and finesse with it.

However, as others have said, there's lots of options, and difficulty levels to adjust and compensate. For example, turn traction control to full, you can mash the gas and basically never spin out. Turn ABS on, you can mash the brakes, and not worry. Or you can turn them off, and be more cautious trying to find speed. Traction control also has a "halfway" setting too.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:32 PM   #74
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
How's the framerate on the PS4 version, is there any noticeable drops while racing? Thanks.

Silky smooth in PS4

Sent using a telephone
Old 08-25-2016, 07:25 PM   #75
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I don't think you'll be disappointed.

As I said, I play with a controller, on X1. Forza 6, I find is a bit difficult with a controller. This game for me, is a breeze with a controller. You just have to be aware that you can just mash the gas coming out of a turn if you have the traction control off. You've also got to have the ability to be gentle on your left stick for steering. Don't just slam it left or right, you'll have lots of long, sweeping turns that require more touch and finesse with it.

However, as others have said, there's lots of options, and difficulty levels to adjust and compensate. For example, turn traction control to full, you can mash the gas and basically never spin out. Turn ABS on, you can mash the brakes, and not worry. Or you can turn them off, and be more cautious trying to find speed. Traction control also has a "halfway" setting too.
I do have a wheel the thrustmaster T80. I know it's a lower end wheel but it's still fun to use. No force feedback is one of it's downfalls but I knew that before buying but it was on sale so not complaining. Looking forward to getting the game tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 08:51 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0

Broke through with 1st win in career mode at Russia. Strategy in the pits gave me a 12 second lead over Hamilton and I was able to nurse it around for the victory. This game is so addictive. Makes you want just one more run. Loving it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2016, 11:35 PM   #77
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

had the opposite happen to me in the Austrian GP. I got a really fast lap out in Q3 to get the poll by inches(something like .032). but since top 10 have to start on same tires from Q2, it force me to have to do a 2 stopper. there were several cars that did 1 stoppers and that shook up the field. Normally I do the 1-stopper to pull out a good finish.

right out the gate the Ferrari's were all over me, eventually I let them go. I was abusing my tires too much. stayed out too long, ended up 20th after pitting, but worse, behind most of the guys that did make their first pit stop and were behind me.

made by way up the field, lead a lap or 2 again before making my last pit stop. pushed like hell to try and get as many spots back as I could, could only get back to 7th before the end of the race. Grojean had a bad qualifying. but used the 1-stop strategy to get 10th. I think he was having an issue as he was slowing down quite a lot at the end, but he did come home in the points.

Vettel won the race, Sainz got 2nd with the 1-stopper, he was leading until the last lap. Raikkonen got 3rd.

raikkonen is now 5th behind me in points. he had some bad luck early part of the season, but is making a come back. Vettel took the points lead as Rosberg finish 8th after a bad race(well we made contact early on, he spun). Hamilton finished 5th.

Haas still in 3rd in Manufacturer points. Riccardo had a DNF, so that hurt them(he is my current rival too, so that helped). Torro Rosso made some gains with Sainz 2nd place, they closed the gap to Red Bull. It's looking like a good mid-season race for 3rd.

British GP will be next.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-26-2016, 09:27 AM   #78
MVP

brandon27's Arena

What race lengths are you guys running?
Old 08-26-2016, 10:16 AM   #79
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
I am doing short weekend at 25% race length, and the weekend usually takes me about an hour -
Old 08-26-2016, 10:59 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I am running short qualifying and 50% race length with 3 practices. If you use all 3 of the practices and then then qualify and race, it's an hour 45 min to 2 hrs spent per race weekend. I like it. The strategy feels pretty good at the 50% race length and I have had the thrill of victory, as well as the agony of defeat with some decisions at this race length.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »