Home

NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions, Players Have Full Control of What They See (Uproxx)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions, Players Have Full Control of What They See (Uproxx) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2016, 01:41 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions, Players Have Full Control of What They See (Uproxx)

UPROXX has posted their NBA 2K17 hands-on impressions and talk about the controls and the importance of your stick skills this year. They also go over the new shot aiming system.

Quote:
“Let’s say you start this little cool move and you want to break out at that moment in time,” Jones says. “The animation had launched and there were specific branch points where you could get out, but as a user, you wanna get out when you want to get out. This year, we took all of that — what we felt like — canned stuff and was (sic) like look: ‘as a user, you can still recreate it.’ The animations that make up that guy’s dribble package, are signature. But if you wanna create that situation that he specifically does, it’s on your stick skills.”

That emphasis on a user’s “stick skills,” specifically how they’re able to move their player in a fashion similar to how they would in real life, is now augmented. You are controlling all of the player’s movements instead of just most of them. There’s no jumping off point where you’re left the manipulations of what they’ve already programmed for that player at that time in the game.

Most games only do release stuff on jump shots. Jones compared it to pulling a bow and arrow: you pull it back to the right tension and then release it. That release timing has always been there for NBA 2K jump shots, but now they’ve added aim, so “you can actually aim left-right on the shots.”
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 01:43 PM   #2
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K17 stick skills will be tested, No more being stuck in Animations? [DimeMag Han

http://uproxx.it/2bR5vxM
Go read it for yourself, talks about stick skills being tested. As well as it seems we will be able to break out of animations whoever we want.

This was already posted a few mins before me.. Not sure how to delete..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2016, 01:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How The Hyper-Realistic ‘NBA 2K17’ Showcases The Importance Of Your Stick Skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1
Dime Mag just put out a new article today on NBA 2K17..

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/nba-2k17-g...lism-improved/
I very optimistic but I gotta say I hear this every year. optimistic though
Old 08-29-2016, 01:53 PM   #4
Rookie

Zeke11's Arena

Re: How The Hyper-Realistic ‘NBA 2K17’ Showcases The Importance Of Your Stick Skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1
Dime Mag just put out a new article today on NBA 2K17..

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/nba-2k17-g...lism-improved/
Can't lie this got me hyped
Old 08-29-2016, 01:54 PM   #5
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

If the examples of the ability to control EXACTLY how you finish at the rim aren't just hyperbole, I'm looking forward to using the smaller PG's this year.

Can't wait for the FIFA player to tell us about it this week.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 01:58 PM   #6
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

I am definitely intrigued about how this is going to play out. From the sounds of it I can definitely see myself spending time in practice mode trying to perfect it.

“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 08-29-2016, 02:22 PM   #7
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
I am definitely intrigued about how this is going to play out. From the sounds of it I can definitely see myself spending time in practice mode trying to perfect it.

Looks like their will be an advantage to using the shot stick as opposed to button only
Old 08-29-2016, 02:25 PM   #8
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
Looks like their will be an advantage to using the shot stick as opposed to button only

Yup, and that's why I'm going to have to hit practice mode because I usually am a button shooter. Might have to try mixing it up this year.

“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »