Home

NBA 2K17 Features Improvements Across The Board, Here's 75 of Them

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Features Improvements Across The Board, Here's 75 of Them within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2016, 11:34 AM   #33
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K17 Features Improvements Across The Board, Here's 75 of Them

For MyGM/ML, lots of great stuff to sink in to.

But really liking the editable hot zones as I had asked for that early after last year's release.

Also loving the streamlined tools for editing created draft classes.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:34 AM   #34
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
For years....I hated playing the Celtics because even though Thomas is their best player and even though I gave him more minutes than M. Smart....the AI would always sub Smart in with 6 minutes left in the game simply because he was a starter.

This is by far the feature I'm most happy with.
I doubt is your number 1 feature addition. Ha. But i agree it is huge. For years i have spent to much time managing subs as opposed to focusing on the in game action. Now i can just set it up before the gane starts and get to it.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 08-31-2016, 11:36 AM   #35
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
For MyGM/ML, lots of great stuff to sink in to.

But really liking the editable hot zones as I had asked for that early after last year's release.

Also loving the streamlined tools for editing created draft classes.
Huge. The hot zones control my offense and where i look for shots. When they are not done correctly it kills the realism on that side of the ball for me.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 11:36 AM   #36
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

OVR: 0

- Chris Webber as a commentator! Does this mean the Classic Kings team returns?

- League Contraction is also in, that's great news.

- Dynamic Rule Changes sound fun, hopefully there is an option to turn it off or override decisions.

- CBA changes add another element to MyLeague.

- Can't wait to dive into Advanced Rotations to see how that works.

- Ability to edit entire draft class on one screen and not player-by-player. I wonder what that means.

- 2KU sounds like a fun engaging tutorial.

- Curious to see how Smart Coach works.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:37 AM   #37
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

OVR: 0

NBA 2K17 now has a total of 11 commentators. Some are familiar faces -- such as Kevin Harlan, Greg Anthony, Shaq and Ernie -- while others are new, including Brent Berry, Steve Smith, Doris Burke, Chris Webber, and David Aldridge. The commentary team is based geographically, so depending on which arena you're playing in, you'll hear from different commentary teams.

YAAAAASSS.

Now when i take my east coast team on a western conf road trip i can hear different commentators which will actually feel like an away game. National televised tnt games with shaq, kenny and ernie only please. Those nba game time dudes for other games to wrap up post game and halftime. I'm excited.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:37 AM   #38
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
I doubt is your number 1 feature addition. Ha. But i agree it is huge. For years i have spent to much time managing subs as opposed to focusing on the in game action. Now i can just set it up before the gane starts and get to it.
LOL. It actually is man. I read all 74 additions and this is the one I'm most excited about. All the other stuff is great but it really doesnt affect the day to day of my franchise as much as this does.

With that said, I'm probably the only one that is THIS excited about this feature.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:39 AM   #39
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm not even asking for big changes. All I want is that if I hit a three or get a big dunk at home....the crowd will cheer EVERY TIME. No more big plays at home and nothing but silence.

Also if they can fix that playoff sound bug where the crowd noise stays the same the entire game that would be great.
Yeah the crowd logic was all out of whack. I remember throwing down an alley oop at home in a Game 7 and getting a golf clap from the fans. It was pretty annoying lol
Old 08-31-2016, 11:40 AM   #40
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Start today is a brand new MyLeague option, and it takes the real world stats and standings on the date that you start it and lets you start from that point. So imagine, kids during their holiday break can start their seasons on that date the morning they open their presents. Even when using Start Today, players can continue their franchise for another 79 years.

Perhaps one of the most impressive features - Dynamic rule changes. For instance, league meetings will occur during the offseason. An extreme example would be the league voting on using a sudden death OT rule change--first bucket wins. Extreme cases such as this are very rare, we were told. More common would be changes to the shot clock timer, back clock timer, etc.

You'll now see trades which can include draft pick protections (a 1st rounder, but only if it's not the first three picks) and pick swaps (we'll take either your 2nd in '17 or 2nd in '18)

We can now protect certain picks in the draft, and allow teams to choose options.

Advanced rotations--a whole new gameplan that not only allows you to slot your minutes like before, but actually when your players play those minutes and with whom those minutes are played with. Players will typically play in units. This is very deep, but can also be autoed by asking for coach recommendations.

Defensive skills will also matter, such as beating a guy to the spot, reacting to the ball

2KU has been redone, and you'll now play 2KU tutorial games playing as an inter-squad scrimmage using Team USA. 2KU walks you through an entire game step-by-step as you progress. Duke's Coach K walks you through it all.

New off-ball collision system. Now gives post players tools with 700 animations between deny and off-ball posts. "Battle before the battle is now here." Can grab, pull, chuck, and fouls will even be called during these times at the proper time.
ACE which stands for Addaptive Coaching Engine. Coaches will adapt to players differently depending on player type, playoffs, season, behavior, efficiency, etc. Over 6,000 adjustments, and any schematic changes will be updated all the way through the real-life NBA finals. A concept that was discussed to demonstrate ACE's depth was how a 20 points per game performance is different playing as Cleveland than it would be with, say, Utah.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »