Home

NBA 2K17 Gameplay Blog with Gameplay Director, Mike Wang

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Gameplay Blog with Gameplay Director, Mike Wang within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2016, 11:21 AM   #9
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
While this focus on user stick skills is great, I wonder what this means for the more simulation oriented gamer. I don't want to be able to take the Sixers to the finals my first year with their current lineup just because I can work the sticks.

I always play Real Player % on shooting because of this. I like my game decisions to possibly make the difference between a 30 win team and a 40 win team. Or a 50 win or so team and take them over the top so they can get to the finals.

Just wonder how many people are out there like me. I want to influence the outcome of a game but not make Tony Wroten average 40 a game because I know how to use him.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:25 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Gameplay Blog with Gameplay Director, Mike Wang

For all of those guys who were certain there was no rubberbanding (CPU attribute boosting) in 2K. I've always been around these forums and one person I specifically remember Saying along with a few others (who's names i don't recall) that there was no rubberbanding or attribute boost in 2K was a guy named 23. Well people there's the proof. I'm just glad they finally addressed the issue. I think it's safe to say that We all get a W in this instance. Nobody likes cheesy A.I.

Words of Mike Wang himself,

"we also greatly flattened out the boosts that the CPU was getting on Hall of Fame difficulty and have put more of a focus on making the game tougher through making the AI more intelligent in its decision making."
Old 09-01-2016, 11:28 AM   #11
MVP

Beluba, thanks for changing the Playcalling system I love the way "Live" did it and I'm glad you guys adopted this format.

Beluba, if you are reading this and open to a question I would like to know will there be any feedback to the "on the fly" substitution by way of color or a beep? To let the end-user know his/her edit took place.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 09-01-2016 at 11:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 11:30 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12
@MikeWang

Awesome blog post. Loved the length and in depth nature of the information.

This game sounds so amazing. I was on the fence about getting it this year, but this blog post put me over the top. I love games with deep AI so I can't wait to play it.

Keep the info coming.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:31 AM   #13
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dione2014
For all of those guys who were certain there was no rubberbanding (CPU attribute boosting) in 2K. I've always been around these forums and one person I specifically remember Saying along with a few others (who's names i don't recall) that there was no rubberbanding or attribute boost in 2K was a guy named 23. Well people there's the proof. I'm just glad they finally addressed the issue. I think it's safe to say that We all get a W in this instance. Nobody likes cheesy A.I.

Words of Mike Wang himself,

"we also greatly flattened out the boosts that the CPU was getting on Hall of Fame difficulty and have put more of a focus on making the game tougher through making the AI more intelligent in its decision making."
The boosts were ATTRIBUTE boosts. Not rubber band boosts based on game score. They flexed with momentum, but not score.

This is old old news. If you've read all the old discussions then you would know this already, or simply have chosen to ignore it.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:36 AM   #14
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

I've been trying to resist getting hyped up because i don't want to set myself up to be underwhelmed again, but i can't help it, i'm hyped now. It sounds like they've made a legitimate jump up from 2k16. I'm pretty confident that this year's release wont feel like an overly familiar game like usual.

Love what i'm reading about elusive layups vs strong layups. The fatigue system sounds PERFECT as well, how the "long fatigue" acts as a ceiling for the "short fatigue. Also love what i'm reading about the natural physics and collisions between ball handlers and on-ball defenders.

MY only question is, with all of these new animations in the paint, i wonder if we are going to be able to tell the difference between an elite rebounder vs a good rebounder vs an average rebounder
Old 09-01-2016, 11:41 AM   #15
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

If passing out of alley-oops into another alley-oop is the first step towards an arcade version of 2K in the future that embodies NBA Jam, I'm alllllll in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 11:41 AM   #16
Rookie

I particularly like what they've done in defence. The new steal system sounds great, and also the short term fatigue addition will finally encourage people to play team basketball instead of one guy hogging the ball.

I wonder though if the increase in player collisions will result in more fouls being called.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »