Home

More NBA 2K17 MyCAREER Details

This is a discussion on More NBA 2K17 MyCAREER Details within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 08:39 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
More NBA 2K17 MyCAREER Details

During the NBA 2K17 community event, the one item that was to remain under a strict embargo was any discussion about the new MyCareer mode.

After last year's Frequency Vibrations MyCareer story presented by Spike Lee, the NBA 2K team was focused on ways to improve the game's most played mode, and Jeff Thomas, VP for Visual Concepts, was ready to share all that is new this year in MyCareer.

As you likely know by now, on September 9 The Prelude will be available as a free download. Players can begin their MyCareer 11 days before the full release of NBA 2K17, and you'll be able to play a significant amount of MyCareer leading up to when you'll declare for the NBA Draft and start your NBA career.

Read More- More NBA 2K17 MyCAREER Details - (Written by: Mike Lowe)
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 08:39 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: More NBA 2K17 MyCAREER Details

This looks pretty lit bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2016, 08:48 AM   #3
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Nickname is the prez. Doesn't bother I understand why it's important for dialogue
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-02-2016, 08:59 AM   #4
Rookie

myathebee's Arena

I am on PC so...I am not going to be able to enjoy this ''The Prelude stuff''.
I felt entitled to spoil myself,so I already know most of this stuff lol.

This ''Prez'' nickname is gonna stick.....Aight. I will try my hardest to block it from my mind,like last year....President Of Basketball...WTF

I really like the dynamic duo thing..I am curious,how are they going make it work? Using two teammates at once? Wat?
Old 09-02-2016, 09:02 AM   #5
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by myathebee
I am on PC so...I am not going to be able to enjoy this ''The Prelude stuff''.
I felt entitled to spoil myself,so I already know most of this stuff lol.

This ''Prez'' nickname is gonna stick.....Aight. I will try my hardest to block it from my mind,like last year....President Of Basketball...WTF

I really like the dynamic duo thing..I am curious,how are they going make it work? Using two teammates at once? Wat?
There were definitely visuals we were shown of using both characters simultaneously. I don't know much more about the Dynamic Duo gampelay balance beyond that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 09:02 AM   #6
Pro

Clappington's Arena

I wonder how many "Doin' Work" practices will it take to earn a attribute upgrade and how many amethyst badges can we have?
Old 09-02-2016, 09:26 AM   #7
Rookie

IAmOmega24's Arena

I'm not going to lie, I'm really excited for this. I like the direction they are going with the story. Last year was just bad. The only thing I'm worried about is will I be able to not resign with my team and go solo. I just hope I'm not stuck in a duo. But I still love what they did with MyCareer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2016, 09:29 AM   #8
Rookie

Mike, do you know the answer to any of these questions. Copied from the other article lol

1) Most importantly, how is the playcalling system in MyCareer games? The playcalling really took a step back in 2k16. Will it be more like 2k15 where they called specific plays, more variety of plays, calling plays for the hot man, etc.?? Please say yes

2) The wear and tear/fatigue system that Mike mentioned in gameplay, does that apply to MyCareer as well? If so, do certain attributes like weight and strength or certain badges influence that? Can you get hurt in game? Does your coach not play you for the full game now?

3) I see you said we can get to a 99. Does that mean we can potentially exceed some of the caps in the archetype we pick? If so this is huge because I feel the archetypes looked to restrictive but I feel you should be able to exceed them if you really put in the work. It shouldn't be easy of course. And your development should depend on all things you do in practice and in game like how consistent are your shot releases, drills, etc. Based on what you said Mike it sounds like this is in the game.

4) Will it be easier to sim through seasons without missing off days? Last year if we simmed the game before an off day we couldn't participate in the off day immediately following the game that we simmed. So it was either play the game or miss a practice. I thought this was unnecessarily penalizing people that want to get through their career fast. I want to actually finish a full 15-20 year career this year but things like that made it difficult. Please tell me that's changed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »