Home

FIFA 17 Adds 3 New Stadiums, New Competition Presentation & Much More

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 Adds 3 New Stadiums, New Competition Presentation & Much More within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2016, 04:58 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by flo182
Totally agree.

The guys making the decisions at EA are so far away from their customers it's unbelievable. This game and company has so much potential if only they'd listen to their customers instead of letting people make decision that have absolute no idea about football and especially video games.

For years now I've been hoping they take an example in 2K and try to go in their direction, understand that listening to customer wishes will also make a great and financially succesful product, but again it's a huge letdown.

Really hope they replace the whole managing department at this company. But I guess all these FUT players wasting money on this mode will be enough for those managers to get some fat boni and continue wasting all the potential this game and company has.
2K listening to customers? Since when? NBA 2K17 is so far away from a proper basketball simulation gameplay-wise it is comical that some people think they gonna play a good basketball game. I mean just take a look at the miserable CPU defense. You can literally stay in front of the CPU offering the basketball. And the CPU just don't want to take the ball out of your hands.

This coming from an ultimate basketball buff. The gameplay is just bad in so many aspects. No fun.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:43 AM   #18
Rookie

flo182's Arena

Re: FIFA 17 Adds 3 New Stadiums, New Competition Presentation & Much More

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81chrisso
2K listening to customers? Since when? NBA 2K17 is so far away from a proper basketball simulation gameplay-wise it is comical that some people think they gonna play a good basketball game. I mean just take a look at the miserable CPU defense. You can literally stay in front of the CPU offering the basketball. And the CPU just don't want to take the ball out of your hands.

This coming from an ultimate basketball buff. The gameplay is just bad in so many aspects. No fun.
That's your opinion. Lots of people, including me, enjoy the gameplay.
I guess this depends more on personal preferences, like the whole FIFA vs. PES Gameplay.

But one thing you can't deny is that the 2K developers are listening to customers! I've never seen such a big game-company that stays in such close contact with their customers. Just look at this forum and how they communicate with their fans.

Have you seen anything like that from EA? Have you had a look at the official EA Forums or ever tried to give constructive criticism in the Beta? It's not possible!
They just simply ignore you and use Beta-testers just for finding bugs.

They found their Ultimate-Cashcow and ignored everything else since then.

And even if you don't like the 2K gameplay. Just have a look at all the different game modes they offer and how deep they go.

Compare that to FIFA's gamemodes and you also can't deny who is the better company and cares more for what their customers want.

The one thing they always believed in at 2K is that the player should be able to play the game the way they want it. That's why they deliver us all kinds of tools to customize the gameplay (sliders), gamemodes (just look at MyLeague) and share our experience with the community.

Compare that to the way EA treats their customers. They don't put in half the effort that 2k puts in, even though I think they have much more manpower since FIFA is a much bigger series than NBA 2k and also generates more revenue thanks to people wasting hundreds of dollars in FUT.

2K also found out they can earn some money with VC but nonetheless they also put a lot of effort to make the game most enjoyable for all their other customers, especially the offline-sim-nerds and their core community.

Another point is how much focus they put on developing their AI.
You've got so many different coaching and playing styles in 2k that closely resemble the way real teams play.
Does EA have anything like that? Their approach to tactics, strategy and AI behavior is 10-years behind. Why?
Because they don't think it's important anymore since FUT generates the money and FUT is online. So why put some work into offline-AI behavior ?!

The approaches of the two companys are completely different.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:44 AM   #19
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo182
That's your opinion. Lots of people, including me, enjoy the gameplay.
I guess this depends more on personal preferences, like the whole FIFA vs. PES Gameplay.

But one thing you can't deny is that the 2K developers are listening to customers! I've never seen such a big game-company that stays in such close contact with their customers. Just look at this forum and how they communicate with their fans.

Have you seen anything like that from EA? Have you had a look at the official EA Forums or ever tried to give constructive criticism in the Beta? It's not possible!
They just simply ignore you and use Beta-testers just for finding bugs.

They found their Ultimate-Cashcow and ignored everything else since then.

And even if you don't like the 2K gameplay. Just have a look at all the different game modes they offer and how deep they go.

Compare that to FIFA's gamemodes and you also can't deny who is the better company and cares more for what their customers want.

The one thing they always believed in at 2K is that the player should be able to play the game the way they want it. That's why they deliver us all kinds of tools to customize the gameplay (sliders), gamemodes (just look at MyLeague) and share our experience with the community.

Compare that to the way EA treats their customers. They don't put in half the effort that 2k puts in, even though I think they have much more manpower since FIFA is a much bigger series than NBA 2k and also generates more revenue thanks to people wasting hundreds of dollars in FUT.

2K also found out they can earn some money with VC but nonetheless they also put a lot of effort to make the game most enjoyable for all their other customers, especially the offline-sim-nerds and their core community.

Another point is how much focus they put on developing their AI.
You've got so many different coaching and playing styles in 2k that closely resemble the way real teams play.
Does EA have anything like that? Their approach to tactics, strategy and AI behavior is 10-years behind. Why?
Because they don't think it's important anymore since FUT generates the money and FUT is online. So why put some work into offline-AI behavior ?!

The approaches of the two companys are completely different.
Man you made some good points. NBA 2K may not be for everyone gameplay wise, (I honestly can't see why it wouldn't if you're a hoops fan) but you can't deny that 2K puts far more effort into their game than EA ever has with FIFA. 2K has done more with NBA 2K in the last 2 years than EA has done with FIFA in the last 10 years. If EA put this much effort into FIFA as 2K does with NBA 2K, it would not only be the best sports franchise, but it would be one of the best game franchises.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:53 AM   #20
Banned

BucksInSix's Arena

What time is the demo coming out today? Just checked the PSN Store and nothing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2016, 07:56 AM   #21
Rookie

flo182's Arena

XBox 360 is already out. No info released about the rest.

Last year the PC Version arrived around 8pm European time...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 08:28 AM   #22
Rookie

What is the point of EA putting lots of effort into an admittedly impressive, at least initially, Premier League presentation when as soon as you play a team outside of the EPL or sign a player who doesn't have a voice file, you end up loosing half the immersion. I'm thinking reading out team sheets or even just mentioning the opposition rather than just 'home/away team'. All looks great in a demo or first season in career mode but soon looks shoddy.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:49 AM   #23
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

It's sounding more like the new stand at Anfield will not be in this years game.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:55 AM   #24
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
It's sounding more like the new stand at Anfield will not be in this years game.
Yeah, I doubt it.

The optimist in me might chalk the lack of ambition and additions to the game the past two editions up to huge allocation of resources to Frostbite porting and company mandate to develop "The Journey."

Perhaps for 18 we'll see another big jump in art and mode depth like 15's inclusion of all Premier League Stadiums.

The pessimist feels like the insane popularity of FUT no longer incentivizes big investments outside of gameplay and online balancing, infrastructure, and maintenance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »