Home

NBA 2K17: Reviewer First Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17: Reviewer First Impressions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2016, 02:37 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn2000
The game is good but the subs and and tempo option in game is very hard and confusing
This game is great. Other than that I agree with you. What the hell is that, are they trying to confuse the ish out of us? What I love is the gameplay, once again they have far surpassed what I expected. If you dont have a shotblocker in the game, I will drive and post and drive and post on you until you find yourself a shotblocker. Plus you can no longer just randomly jump and try to block shots, you WILL foul out that way. I love the substitution breakdown, its kind of confusing but just hang in there and you'll figure it out. The lineup combinations are endless, and I only wish the cpu would use it also. I still dont like the trade and cpu signing logic. For rebuilding teams, they should be looking for draft picks in their trades. Teams that are 'buying' should be willing to trade picks. Right now the trade logic is still your 80 rated player for our 79 rated player. This is just not how the NBA works. I still have to veto about 95 percent of all cpu trades because theyre dumb. Thats about all I got so far for dislikes.
Old 09-17-2016, 02:50 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17: Reviewer First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchman Flying
I hate to point it out but body types man...They're horrible !

Why in the hell did they decide to make half the league undernourished !!!

Guys like Hayward, Antetokounmpo, Stanley Johnson to name a few or my fellow frenchies such as Lauvergne, Fournier or Batum are literally anorexic !

I hope they will correct it soon with via new patches. Unfortunately, I don't see users complaining about it !

Am I the only one ?!

It's a whole thread " 2k art team tanked this year" dedicated to it it's not just you a lot of people have issue with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2016, 03:32 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2
I have to ask, was the PC version upgrade as well? Or are we back to the "Cinderella before the ball" treatment?
Old 09-17-2016, 03:36 PM   #20
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

This prob the best 2k I've ever played like seriously
Old 09-17-2016, 03:44 PM   #21
Pro

They need to give us an option to either revert back or choose not to install the patches. That way if we don't like it we can revert back to pre patch. I'm talking offline play. Online is a different beast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2016, 04:11 PM   #22
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

First thing I noticed was just how much better the skin tones, lighting and just overall look this game has. The different sounds of different arenas I goiter I wouldn't notice but it does stand out to me which is very cool but the rest of the audio is a mix bag and highly disappointing imo. The crowds are weird especially pre game and the different commentators have a lot of the same lines abs some of the audio sounds like a recording with the other person talking to it. I'll give 2k a slight pass on the commentators because having different groups is cool as hell and I don't think enough ppl give that as much praise as it deserves. But it's Def better than last year's game by a lot and the small gripes aren't game breaking but it's Def annoying
Old 09-17-2016, 04:25 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Seems like very few basketball games ever get rid of the sliding

It's the one thing that has drove me crazy over the years with basketball games.....
I agree. It's my biggest pet peeve about the game. It drives me crazy every time I see it too. 2K just can't seem to nail foot planting for whatever reason. It really sticks out because the game is so smooth otherwise. It's really holding the game back & I hope they can at least clean it up in a patch.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:42 PM   #24
Rookie

I'll definitely be skipping this year, after watching the live streams and other videos, just looks like the same o same o, fanboys of this franchise won't trick me this time. Once I found out they literally done nothing to fix create a player and still refuse to add tattoos, that was it for me. I'll be back next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »