Home

WWE 2K17 Universe Mode Details Revealed

This is a discussion on WWE 2K17 Universe Mode Details Revealed within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2016, 01:46 PM   #17
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
How close the community can get to recreating the new sets is what's going to be the determining factor for me. Game looks like a lot fun. But not enough huge upgrades to get me to be a definite day 1 purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll have to play it before I purchase the game. The past two years I didn't even complete the showcases because I got bored with the gameplay too quickly.

Maybe this year will be different. The gameplay does look improved and a bit quicker overall but I'm not convinced it will result in a more enjoyable game. Luckily I have a friend that buys the game day 1 every year. I'll just give it a try once he gets the game.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:01 PM   #18
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: WWE 2K17 Universe Mode Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I wouldn't be surprised if some things get patched in.
I really don't see what they've done for 2K15 or 2K16 that would give you this idea. They'll address bugs or glitches in updates but adding content isn't really their thing.

Quote:
I'd atleast like them to discuss and address this issue publicly, if they haven't already. If they came out and said "unfortunately we do not have the assets or means to update these areas post release" I could forgive them a bit. But if they just flat out ignore the issue I'd be disappointed.
They generally (with the exception of the Four Horsewomen news last year) stay quiet on things. Easily one of the most closed-in development teams around today.

---

As it is, Universe mode info sounds...who knows? They spent a third of the blog explaining how to set up a PPV, when that's been in for years.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:02 PM   #19
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Pretty bummed out. Not much added in outside intros and promos. I'll miss the real superstars, but the CAWs will appear better...I understand that move.

Just underwhelming is all, still excited!
Old 09-27-2016, 05:29 PM   #20
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3

Not all the excited with that they added. Really only seems like they made some interface changes and have made it so you have to play through a match card in order now. I doubt rivalries will work since they have never worked like they are meant to. The biggest issue I have is they have always been way too focused on adding cosmetic things to the mode and enhancing the customization. It is nice they added the promo feature into the mode since it makes it more realistic to have promos throughout your show and not just 6-7 matches one after the other. But maybe I am just disappointed because unless your spending hours booking stuff on your own the AI logic in the mode has been poor for a very long time and it never gets improved upon.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:11 PM   #21

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

This blog didn't really tell us much about Universe mode and like SmashMan said they spent most of it talking about how to set up PPVs and titles, really?

With it being made by 2K you would expect the blog to be much better.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 06:18 PM   #22
Rookie

mosdef328's Arena

OVR: 0
Looking forward to see what guys like Smack Talks on Youtube have to say. Apparently they can start discussing a whole bunch of stuff on Friday because they have played the complete game. As a whole the blog was underwhelming. Didn't see any good changes apart from the fact that it looks different. I really want a dev to do a detailed breakdown of Universe mode so I know how to take full advantage of it and avoid ridiculous bugs and glitches that have been in for years. I was really hoping for a way to customize rivalries so the outcome is predetermined, you know like in the real WWE
Old 09-27-2016, 06:24 PM   #23
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosdef328
Looking forward to see what guys like Smack Talks on Youtube have to say. Apparently they can start discussing a whole bunch of stuff on Friday because they have played the complete game. As a whole the blog was underwhelming. Didn't see any good changes apart from the fact that it looks different. I really want a dev to do a detailed breakdown of Universe mode so I know how to take full advantage of it and avoid ridiculous bugs and glitches that have been in for years. I was really hoping for a way to customize rivalries so the outcome is predetermined, you know like in the real WWE
Videos will be coming out tomorrow by a bunch of Youtubers. One of them said that they will have stuff on the Promo engine and Universe mode. Not sure if that will be the first video or not but it will be shown at some point.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:38 PM   #24
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
This blog didn't really tell us much about Universe mode and like SmashMan said they spent most of it talking about how to set up PPVs and titles, really?

With it being made by 2K you would expect the blog to be much better.
These blogs compared to the NBA2K ones are so inferior. Given how detailed MyLeague is in NBA2K I would like to see Universe get a similar treatment but I doubt that will ever happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »