Home

Three Tips to Stop the Run in Madden NFL 17

This is a discussion on Three Tips to Stop the Run in Madden NFL 17 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 04:44 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Three Tips to Stop the Run in Madden NFL 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The Steelers and the Ravens did this plenty in the 2000s and 2010s with Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed quarterbacking their respective defenses.
Ahhhhh... You got me there...

BUT

Those defenses were filled with future HOF players. But I can take lets say a weak defense like Jacksonville (I don't know there rating Im assuming they have a weak defense correct me if I'm wrong) But I can play with their defense run cover 4 and stop the run almost every time it pushes to the outside. And hot route the 4 DL's to smash any run to the inside.

In my opinion, I think the running game was perfect before the tuner. It should have ben left alone.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:51 PM   #18
MVP

Playing as the Cowboys in my franchise, I defeated both player ratings and released Rolando McClain and Randy Gregory. Needless to say, I am just a tad short-handed. Anyway, I've found that pinching my line in helps keep my quick linebackers free to get to the ball carrier. I only do this against certain formations. Also, I like to slant/crash my line in so I can penetrate (1-gap) against nickel looks. Cover 3 seems to help as well, as it brings SS Church down in the box. I have better luck with that than Cover 4, but that's my just my experience. I didn't think the tuner would affect offline play, but since installing, stopping the run on All Pro hasn't been much of an issue.

Last edited by edgevoice; 09-28-2016 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:52 PM   #19
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

My main run defense is the 3-4 Bear, I have yet to give up a 100 yard rusher in my online CFM (All Pro) and we're in week 12. Nickel 335 and Double A-Gap are good run D's as well. I do a lot of run blitzing and blitzing in general. I run a 3-4 D, and I have a t least 5 or 6 rushers about 65% of the time. I also blitz my CB's a lot, which stops outside runs in their tracks, if the run is towards the blitzer. I have Leonard Williams, Anthony Barr, Daniell Hunter, Stephen Paea, Phill Taylor, Deion Jones, and Jatavis Brown on my front 7, fantasy CFM by the way. I user Jatavis, who I have 11 user picks with, as of week 12. Still trying to get better at usering the run, probably the 1 weak spot of my run D is my usering it, great at usering the pass though.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 09-29-2016, 12:08 AM   #20
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Once I started pinching the D-Line and spreading my LBs, my mlb(Mike backer) started going tackle crazy. And it's Will Compton!
17 total tackles in game vs Steelers
12 total in game 2 vs Cowboys.
I posted about this a few days ago in my Slider thread lol.
Good info for guys that still play online and offline the old way.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 09-30-2016 at 11:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »