Home

3on3 Freestyle Brings Street Basketball to PS4, Sign Up For Closed Beta Now

This is a discussion on 3on3 Freestyle Brings Street Basketball to PS4, Sign Up For Closed Beta Now within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 01:09 PM   #9
Rookie

CEOHaize's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 3on3 Freestyle Brings Street Basketball to PS4, Sign Up For Closed Beta Now

Played a few games. It's honestly pretty fun. Tied of the same characters and wish they'd had a better crossover mechanic. But as a just pick up and play a couple of games for fun thing it's nice

Host of The Awakened Soul Podcast
iTunes: https://t.co/2aRfWFw1ia
Google Play: https://t.co/yjgsoZLJ4r

@CEOHaize on Twitter
Old 09-28-2016, 11:16 PM   #10
Rookie

FD247's Arena

OVR: 0

I have an extra code whoever wants to try it out - RT29-QFN6-TMPJ
Old 09-29-2016, 01:25 PM   #11
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm a fan of the game play and style.

I don't know for sure if I like the high bounces off the rim. Makes adjusting to rebounding tough for me, and after three games it's easy to see that others are having the same issues. Perhaps in time we will adjust.

I think they need a couple of adjustments to things. Sometimes it's not clear who has the ball. There might be an indicator but amidst all of the bodies, I haven't found reason to look for those indications. I'm just looking for the ball so I can decide if I need to get open or prepare to block a shot.

Subbing seems a bit cumbersome. Would like my previous player to be the default option when Subbing for the second time. Also, maybe a bit more organization by placing similar types together. I hate that I want to be a small point guard and when Subbing out, I need to look for a similar build while trying to play defense.

Post up is ineffective. Can't chain any moves out of it. Not sure the purpose outside of a make shift drop step.

I do like how it works for hands up on defense. Something significant about the player speed and defensive ability that feels very comfortable. I don't get that type of response in 2K or Live.

I wish the shot meter existed in the practice court. Would be a good way to learn different shots outside of when it counts.

It's a simple move set but some differentiation would be nice. The big men/women should have hook shots. I don't mind the crossover mechanics but would be cool if there were different kinds like behind the back or a slight difference in hesitation speed, the animation.

I don't even mind if they just add two more animations and apply them to a couple players. At least a subtle difference. I do notice differences in running and jump shot animations.

Overall I like it. Some slowdown during online play but never disconnected.

I hope they continue to add new characters.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

Last edited by CMH; 09-29-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 03:38 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I enjoyed it, if it's a lower priced game I'll buy as it's a fun pick up and play game. As others have said, need a better way to see who has the ball and need to add more characters...only other complaint for me would be to change the controls because it's hard to go from NBA 2K controls to this..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 10-01-2016, 07:27 PM   #13
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Stumbled into a game with two guys that could ball.

Played a couple more games together and blew out teams. Had to make sure we added each other.

Looking forward to this game releasing and having stat tracking for us.

I'm definitely a fan.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »