Home

HB Studios Announces The Golf Club VR for the HTC Vive, Coming Later This Year

This is a discussion on HB Studios Announces The Golf Club VR for the HTC Vive, Coming Later This Year within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2016, 09:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
HB Studios Announces The Golf Club VR for the HTC Vive, Coming Later This Year

HB Studios has just announced The Golf Club VR for the HTC Vive, scheduled to arrive later this year.

Quote:
The Golf Club VR is based on the original award-winning game, and will allow users to play all 130,000+ courses currently available to players of the console and PC versions. The game will include a number of new features designed specifically for the virtual reality experience, including a smartwatch to analyse each shot, room scale VR capabilities for a customised game space, and a single controller used for interacting with the environment and swinging clubs. Highly refined controls and multiple difficulty levels create an accessible experience for all players.

“Playing The Golf Club on the HTC Vive takes the experience to a whole new level,” said Craig Chapman, Designer of The Golf Club VR. “Not only is it a much more tactile and immersive experience, now the player is also able to freely explore all the fantastic courses and environments which users have created since the original launch of the game.”
Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 10:12 AM   #2
Pro

polyduster's Arena

Re: HB Studios Announces The Golf Club VR for the HTC Vive

Really intrigued by this.

Will this be a first person experience or third person, like it is in the non vr version of the game?

As an Oculus Rift owner, any chance of this coming to the Rift down the road after the Touch controllers are released?

Thanks and good luck going forward with development of the new version of the game!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2016, 01:20 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyduster
Really intrigued by this.

Will this be a first person experience or third person, like it is in the non vr version of the game?

As an Oculus Rift owner, any chance of this coming to the Rift down the road after the Touch controllers are released?

Thanks and good luck going forward with development of the new version of the game!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
It's first person, with you needing to use motion controls.
Looking at other devices all the time, HTC worked best for us in the short term. I'm sure we'll be porting to others in the future though
Old 10-05-2016, 03:59 PM   #4
Pro

Looks dangerous!!!
Old 10-06-2016, 02:14 PM   #5
MVP

Re: HB Studios Announces The Golf Club VR for the HTC Vive, Coming Later This Year

VERY cool - Super excited for this.

Any commentary or more details about how the swing will work?

For those that were not happy with the somewhat "too easy" swing in TGC v1 (after playing for a while), will this be a whole new enchilada given that it's a completely different way to interact with the game?

Thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2016, 04:58 AM   #6
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: HB Studios Announces The Golf Club VR for the HTC Vive, Coming Later This Year

This is intriguing. But I could see me breaking all my wife's valuable items in the living room trying to play this.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 10-10-2016, 07:22 PM   #7
Rookie

It's a motion swing. Much like Tiger Woods wii game. But the HTC controller has a lot more fidelity about it. Plays really nice.

Don't worry about breaking stuff. HTC has room sense, so you know where the valuables are inside the world

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2016, 11:01 PM   #8
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyKyne
It's a motion swing. Much like Tiger Woods wii game. But the HTC controller has a lot more fidelity about it. Plays really nice.

Don't worry about breaking stuff. HTC has room sense, so you know where the valuables are inside the world

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That's nice addition with room sense. That's one of my biggest concerns with the expected growth in VR gaming.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »