Home

NASCAR Heat Evolution Patch Coming Soon, Here Are Some Details

This is a discussion on NASCAR Heat Evolution Patch Coming Soon, Here Are Some Details within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2016, 11:10 AM   #9
MVP

Murph's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NASCAR Heat Evolution Patch Coming Soon, Here Are Some Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
No. There are some non-cup drivers that float around in the lineup to fill it out, but they're all current to my knowledge.

As for this patch, it's encouraging they're working on things... but based on what they've released as details, it's not good enough. The fact they haven't mentioned attempted improvements to the framerate, or more player customization options to driving model and difficulty options (traction control, stability, racing line, ABS etc) is disappointing.
What'd I'd like is a flat out 'Easy' or 'Rookie' difficulty setting for the young ones in the house. 'Normal' doesn't cut it.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1
Old 10-11-2016, 10:25 PM   #10
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
As for this patch, it's encouraging they're working on things... but based on what they've released as details, it's not good enough. The fact they haven't mentioned attempted improvements to the framerate, or more player customization options to driving model and difficulty options (traction control, stability, racing line, ABS etc) is disappointing.

I guess we have to wait and see what's included in "other fixes". I'm glad they're working on it post release though, because there is a long ways to go. Something is better than nothing though, so I'm thankful for that.
I agree with all that.

I may be out of line here, but I'd like to see them improve and address some other issues (including some that you mentioned) before dishing out more DLC frills. I don't want to purchase more paint schemes and "challenges". I'd prefer to see that effort go toward better racing a.i. (less rubberbanding effect), more hud options, better post-race results, etc.

As it is, I feel like I paid full price for a bare bones game with significant issues, and I am almost repulsed at the idea of paying for DLC, especially until some of these core issues are addressed.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 10-12-2016, 09:43 AM   #11
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
I agree with all that.

I may be out of line here, but I'd like to see them improve and address some other issues (including some that you mentioned) before dishing out more DLC frills. I don't want to purchase more paint schemes and "challenges". I'd prefer to see that effort go toward better racing a.i. (less rubberbanding effect), more hud options, better post-race results, etc.

As it is, I feel like I paid full price for a bare bones game with significant issues, and I am almost repulsed at the idea of paying for DLC, especially until some of these core issues are addressed.

Exactly, that other thread outlining all their DLC for October really got me angry. It's a bit of a slap in the face. Granted, it's all pretty cheap stuff which is nice to see, but still... I don't think they should be playing around with DLC packages right now, although I'd think there's a decent chance these paint scheme packs were done long ago and just slowly being released. I'm sure it'll get bought though by some players though, and hopefully they can use that extra revenue to further develop the core game itself for more fixes down the road. Any progress is good progress for the game though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 10:03 AM   #12
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah, the thing to remember is those DLC pack schedules have likely been set for months now. And they'll probably keep coming.

I'm okay with paying extra for DLC these days, but with HE it's the content that bugs me. It's 2016, let's not pretend that new paint schemes are anything but re-skins. Perhaps there are additional licensing costs involved, but that's why you go the PES route and let us do our own skinning. Uploadable/sharable paint skins would add a lot of replayability to this game, we'd be able to race as who we want whenever we want.

My suggestion to DMi would be to look at what other sports games let us do with customization these days. Held in that light, $15 a month for new skins is a bit silly.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:57 AM   #13
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
No. There are some non-cup drivers that float around in the lineup to fill it out, but they're all current to my knowledge.

I guess we have to wait and see what's included in "other fixes". I'm glad they're working on it post release though, because there is a long ways to go. Something is better than nothing though, so I'm thankful for that.
Thanx for the response.

So if I wanted Jeff Burton in the game since he was always my favorite driver, can I create him? What about adding people to the Sprint Series? (Like replacing a team in NBA 2K?)
How is the customization and creativity on this game? Are there many options?
Old 10-13-2016, 11:45 AM   #14
Pro

polyduster's Arena

OVR: 0

Looks like the PC version got the patch yesterday on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582...34136879544107

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited by polyduster; 10-13-2016 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:06 PM   #15
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Appears the console patches are live now. Fingers crossed the fixes improve the game!

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »