Home

WWE 2K17 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on WWE 2K17 Review (PS4/XB1) within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2016, 12:32 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
WWE 2K17 Review (PS4/XB1)

Franchises that release annually have to walk a fine edge. Play it safe, and the complaints often include words like “tired” or “roster update.” Stray too far away from the core gameplay or throw in too many new features, and critics will cite gimmicks like Madden’s vision cone.

The WWE franchise has another tightrope to walk, as it needs to transform scripted events into a competitive combat game, all while incorporating the entertainment elements the brand is known for.

In other words, 2K has to do a lot of things perfectly to craft a decent and captivating WWE game. WWE 2K17 falls a little too far on the safe side and doesn’t quite go far enough with the entertainment aspect to be a truly great game. However, for wrestling fans, there is still a lot here to like.

Read More - WWE 2K17 Review (PS4/XB1)
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2016, 01:51 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
This game is wayyyyyyy too easy on Legend and I am already thinking of trading it in.

I have tried everything possible to try and make the Pin Escape Mini game harder for myself against the computer.

I chose to lower Kevin Owen's and John Cena's Pin Escape, Damage Recovery and all body Durability Attributes all the way down to 30. (30 is the minimum)*

I played 10 matches with Kevin Owens against John Cena and let him beat me down all the way to Red/ Orange on my health bar. I let him do 2 signatures and 2 finishers before i even begin to hit him and i still manage to kick out at 1 out of all signatures and finishers and i still end up winning the match. I also set all of the A.I's reversal sliders to max and all user reversal sliders to Zero.
I also tried removing limited reversals to see if that would make it harder. Still too easy!

The reason i put The pin escape/Body Durability Attributes down to the Minimum is to see if i can make the pin meter harder for myself, but even that way it is way tooo easy against the computer.

This needs to be patched because right now for me this game has no replay value. Don't want to play my career anymore because i am winning all my matches even after restarting a new one and leaving my character at Overall rating of 66.
Old 10-18-2016, 02:09 PM   #3
Rookie

Don't throw madden vision cone in the review. I enjoyed the vision cone!
Old 10-18-2016, 02:31 PM   #4
Rookie

The highlight and replay system is totally broken on Xbox one.
Often it only shows the pin, not the move before the pin.
In a match with many near falls, you will only get to see all the pin attempts,
but no finishing move in the highlight video.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:51 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2
Been playing the game for the last 2 hours and it's very buggy and so many issues.

Anyone on the fence I'd wait for now and hold out for patches and a price drop.

The whole thing feels a backward step from last year.

When patched/if patched it has promise but loads of issues currently
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2016, 04:00 PM   #6
Rookie

I feel like this is definitely far better than last year's offering, Showcase be damned, but it's not quite a classic yet. Still, if you're a fan of the genre, there's a lot to like, and a good foundation for an all-time classic this console generation.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:43 PM   #7
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Madden's cone vision was not a gimmick. It should still be in the game.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:21 AM   #8
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Madden's Vision Cone was ahead of it's time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »