Home

Madden's Skill Trainer Sets the Standard for Tutorial Modes

This is a discussion on Madden's Skill Trainer Sets the Standard for Tutorial Modes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2016, 03:40 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's Skill Trainer Sets the Standard for Tutorial Modes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Skills TRainer is great; my only improvement I would like to see, at this point, is for practice mode to show the plays art after each play when you use the "Random" play option to practice against.

I use "Random" because it is faster than loading a new play every few snaps..And if I saw the play art after every play during random play selection, I could take note of plays that I liked and go further into practicing with those plays, faster than loading each individual play.
This. It would be a great addition if Madden shows the play Defense played when you are in practice mode and are facing "Random" defense. I'm surprised why they don't have it already since the plays selected by O and d are shown in the actual game.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:38 PM   #10
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by augmental
I still think it is MUCH easier to block a punt or extra point in the skills trainer than in an actual game, but it is a nice setup that they have in order to learn how to play the game.
the drills are made to be automatic as long as u press the right buttons. for example, in the punt block drill all u have to do is press turbo and you will break through the line everytime. its not meant to accurately portray punt blocking in an actual game.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:22 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Not only did Skill Trainer teach me a lot about Madden it has taught me a huge amount about football over the last couple of years.

I've tried a few times to get into MLB The Show and the NBA 2K series but the lack of a skills trainer make them so much less accessible than Madden is. I really think anyone could pick up Madden and understand the basics very quickly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2016, 02:09 AM   #12
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9
My problem is that it's too "cookbook" Very little explanation, just tells you what buttons to press and when to press them. The training mode is insultingly easy and doesn't prepare you for real games. Gives you no credit for completing to the "wrong" receiver, but makes you force it downfield and then says "fail" when your guy drops it completely. I like the idea of the skills trainer but "setting the standard"? Not even close.
Old 12-30-2016, 02:15 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

Agreed with you 100%

Skill trainer is brilliant. Its the first thing I do in the new editions to learn the new stuff.

Gaunlet is so much fun

Only thing on wish list would be the H2H mode from old days.

Use to play against friends heaps, very fun

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »