Home

The Psychology of Sliders: How the Community is Changing NHL 17

This is a discussion on The Psychology of Sliders: How the Community is Changing NHL 17 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2016, 11:04 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
The Psychology of Sliders: How the Community is Changing NHL 17

Earlier this year in an Operation Sports feature titled, “Fact or Fiction: 2016 Sports Gaming Predictions,” I said “NHL 17 will be a sports game of the year candidate in a big way.” With Madden, The Show and NBA 2K showing relatively standard -- yet still very good -- improvements this year, NHL 17 arguably has made the most progress of any of the major sport titles for consoles; it’s a much improved and complete game this year compared to its predecessor.

One of the game’s deepest enhancements has been the expansion of available gameplay sliders. There are far more sliders available in this year’s edition compared to '16, and perusing the slider sub-forum on Operation Sports, I was curious as to how folks were handling this year’s new edition (bad pun) when it comes to adjusting gameplay.

Read More - The Psychology of Sliders: How the Community is Changing NHL 17
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2016, 11:45 AM   #2
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Psychology of Sliders: How the Community is Changing NHL 17

It's about time us slider makers get noticed, am still learning how Sliders work in this year's NHL 17, but seems others have figured how it works and that am greatful and proud they are having success, am personally calling this a year of improving for my (goalie sliders) , but am tremendously honoured that we get noticed finally , sometimes we borrow each others settings and add it to there's and stuff (but only sorten value), am just glad we all came together and worked together to get post about us sliders makers *CHEERS!* , we all stayed together for this long and we are having fun at the same time .

*Cheers for us Slider Makers Community*

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 11-29-2016 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:54 PM   #3
Rookie

I don't know if it's just me but the penalty sliders won't save for me in BAPro. It saves on the menus of BAPro but after starting a game and checking the sliders ,it's back to the default settings
Old 11-29-2016, 05:35 PM   #4
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

you have to put them back manually before each game, make sure you have photographic memorie.

so ... do this

1.press okay and another okay
2. don't click start the game, instead go in to game settings and game sliders
3. make sure you have a photographic memorie and put sliders at correct values and do this before each game, cause this issues been in this game sense NHL 13-17.
4. when all slider at correct values start the game up
5. make sure visual and other stuff is at correct values.
6. then start game up.
7. have fun!

I've told about 5 people this so far .

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 11-29-2016 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:41 PM   #5
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
It's about time us slider makers get noticed, am still learning how Sliders work in this year's NHL 17, but seems others have figured how it works and that am greatful and proud they are having success, am personally calling this a year of improving for my (goalie sliders) , but am tremendously honoured that we get noticed finally , sometimes we borrow each others settings and add it to there's and stuff (but only sorten value), am just glad we all came together and worked together to get post about us sliders makers *CHEERS!* , we all stayed together for this long and we are having fun at the same time .

*Cheers for us Slider Makers Community*
Apologies for possibly lowering your excitement regarding this article but I got a strong sense of 'sliders vary differently from user to user not because they make the game more realistic but because each user has their own view of the game'.

I'm not sure you should be cheering as much as you should be pulling the point of the article and examining that.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2016, 06:00 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
Could anybody suggest a particular slider set please ?

I haven't delved into NHL17 this year but have 10 hours ea access. I like a sim type experience and consider myself slightly above average at the game having played it off and on for many years. Being in a league with Rich Grisham, thatsportsgamer etc when we had GM connected (Those were the days !)

Cheers
Old 11-30-2016, 07:25 AM   #7
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Default All-Star Sim/Realistic settings.

Thanks for the feedback on this piece, folks!
Old 11-30-2016, 08:47 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3
Thanks will switch to that instead of standard upon boot up. Cheers

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »