Home

Steep Review (PS4)

This is a discussion on Steep Review (PS4) within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2016, 04:54 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Steep Review (PS4)

It is strange that after such a long drought we get two similar-in-concept snowboarding/winter sports games at almost the same time.

Steep, however, is a unique game and concept all its own after you play it awhile. Steep is a game consisting of four extreme sports: skiing, snowboarding, wingsuit flying and paragliding.

Not only are there four sports, there are a variety of event types from racing to extreme runs, with an interesting scoring system to boot. And to top all of that off, Steep has a huge open world to explore with literally hundreds of events to partake in.

There's a lot to love about Steep, with a few drawbacks along the way as well.

Read More - Steep Review (PS4)
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2016, 08:44 AM   #2
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I can appreciate the beauty of the landscape, and I agree the variety in gameplay is commendable. That said, if snowboarding is your main interest, this is the wrong game for you. The whole momentum system is done horribly wrong, guys just fly around like rockets all the time, even on flatter ground, and squirrely landings don't seem to slow you down or penalize you like they should. I've also yet to see any grinds anywhere, although it is possible to grind from what I understand.

Personally, I found the wingsuit to be fun for a short while, but the novelty wore off, and I just don't care much about skiing. For me, 'Infinite Air' is a much better fit, and a far more realistic take on snowboarding. You can also go wherever you want without the threat of a pending microtransaction. Some people may be into that sort of extortion, but I'm not.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:20 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
A game that delivers crazy fun !
Old 12-07-2016, 11:08 AM   #4
Rookie

Eh-Red's Arena

OVR: 2
Great review! Loving the game so far. Having so much fun playing with friends.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:26 PM   #5
Rookie

I absolutely love this game

On Level 25 the helicopter tickets are for free and you can go where ever you want in seconds.

The controls are very easy and you earn XP for almost everthing.
So Level 25 isn't that hard to reach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2016, 04:57 PM   #6
Rookie

Re: Steep Review (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
The other big complaint about the game is that it is online only.
That is the only thing that really annoys me about Steep. There is no need to be always online. You can play any challenge as a single player. Otherwise I hadn't bought Steep.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:08 PM   #7
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23

So far, the only things that really bother me are that paragliding is like insanely boring. I haven't done it since the tutorial. Also, landing can be difficult and it feels like you have no control over it at times.

Other than that I really like it. However, If you need a lot of direction in your games this game probably wouldn't be for you.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:37 AM   #8
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I can appreciate the beauty of the landscape, and I agree the variety in gameplay is commendable. That said, if snowboarding is your main interest, this is the wrong game for you. The whole momentum system is done horribly wrong, guys just fly around like rockets all the time, even on flatter ground, and squirrely landings don't seem to slow you down or penalize you like they should. I've also yet to see any grinds anywhere, although it is possible to grind from what I understand.

Personally, I found the wingsuit to be fun for a short while, but the novelty wore off, and I just don't care much about skiing. For me, 'Infinite Air' is a much better fit, and a far more realistic take on snowboarding. You can also go wherever you want without the threat of a pending microtransaction. Some people may be into that sort of extortion, but I'm not.
Sums up my thoughts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »