Home

2016 OS Readers' Sports Game of the Year

This is a discussion on 2016 OS Readers' Sports Game of the Year within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2017, 10:25 AM   #9
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

OVR: 0
i disagree i believe MLB the show is not overrated. the game plays great and not broken like other games are at launch. but anyway i am interested in trying out pes 2017
Old 01-09-2017, 05:55 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4
It's hard. Both games have obviously flaws with them but I'd give to 2k just because I think baseball is the easiest team sport to make a game for. All the other games on this list have to deal with 5 to 11 players running around chasing a ball all at once and making it somehow work. Most of baseball is played between the pitcher and the batter. It's just easier to do. And if you look at The Show, anytime the gameplay moved away from the Pitcher vs The Batter once the ball was put in play, the gameplay got really bad. Basically everything about defense in The Show is borderline terrible. But it's mostly overlooked cause it only takes up a small percentage of the gameplay. So should they be rewarded for having an easier job to do? I guess that for each individual to decide. But I think The Show's lack of quality defense for its entire run at some point has to be brought up. It's been 10 years now. Fix it.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »