Home

FIFA 17 Year-End Recap

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 Year-End Recap within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2017, 09:04 AM   #9
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: FIFA 17 Year-End Recap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser G.
FIFA's core audience are Ultimate Team players, are they not? I mean, it's played by the masses and makes an outrageous sum of money on a yearly basis. They won't just push it to the wayside to satisfy those who aren't so interested in it.
I don't think that they are. That's just all we hear about, because they cram it down our throats. Career Mode is a lot bigger deal than they'd have you believe. Glad some of you enjoy FUT. I do not. Never touched it. Never will. What we need and haven't received is a BALANCE.
#WeAreND
Old 01-10-2017, 09:33 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
I don't think that they are. That's just all we hear about, because they cram it down our throats. Career Mode is a lot bigger deal than they'd have you believe. Glad some of you enjoy FUT. I do not. Never touched it. Never will. What we need and haven't received is a BALANCE.
I have to disagree I'm afraid.

I'm strictly a career mode only player. Always have been, always will be. Hate everything about FUT and what it represents in games (microtransactions etc).

That said, there's no denying it's the mode that the vast majority of FIFA players spend all their time on. I'd say easily a 70/30 split against career mode, possibly even higher. It's also the way EA make more money after people have already bought the game - us career mode players don't spend another penny on the game once we've taken it home, but FUT players will continue to buy packs or whatever right up until the next game is released.

It's a damn shame that this is the way it is now, but unfortunately there's little we can do about it while so many people continue to waste their money on FUT.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:34 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixer

I'm strictly a career mode only player. Always have been, always will be. Hate everything about FUT and what it represents in games (microtransactions etc).

That said, there's no denying it's the mode that the vast majority of FIFA players spend all their time on. I'd say easily a 70/30 split against career mode, possibly even higher. It's also the way EA make more money after people have already bought the game - us career mode players don't spend another penny on the game once we've taken it home, but FUT players will continue to buy packs or whatever right up until the next game is released.

It's a damn shame that this is the way it is now, but unfortunately there's little we can do about it while so many people continue to waste their money on FUT.

The micro transactions is the reason I haven't touched 2k in 2 years. I will not buy virtual coins to improve my player. I just can't get my self to spend additional money on a game I already purchase. I think career mode might go away. More time people spend playing career mode, that's less time playing FUT. In turn less money for EA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2017, 12:09 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
I get your point, but a balance is unlikely. Ultimate Team is a massive source of revenue for EA. They HAVE to focus on it first and foremost from a business perspective.

I'm not saying you're wrong to want more from Career Mode, but it doesn't surprise me that Ultimate Team gets more attention.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:14 PM   #13
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixer

We get it, you and most people here on OS strongly dislike FUT but please stop with the waste of money thing.

It's entirely possible to field any type of team you want without spending any money and this years addition of FUT Champs and SBC have made it even easier.

Some people enjoy spending their money on this game or others, stop bagging them.

I hope they focus on Career mode more for you guys in the future.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 01-10-2017, 04:22 PM   #14

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
Focusing on ultimate team and not the community won't rack in the cash anymore EA.
I wish this was the case. The mobile game model isn't going anywhere.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:02 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
We get it, you and most people here on OS strongly dislike FUT but please stop with the waste of money thing.

It's entirely possible to field any type of team you want without spending any money and this years addition of FUT Champs and SBC have made it even easier.

Some people enjoy spending their money on this game or others, stop bagging them.

I hope they focus on Career mode more for you guys in the future.
Not sure why you've got your knickers in such a twist there, that's literally the first time I've ever mentioned it on here and it was in a direct reply to someone else's point.

You act as if we've had this encounter before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2017, 09:32 AM   #16
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Right off the bat, let me be clear that I understand Ultimate Team is a huge money maker for sports games and isn't going anywhere. That said, the majority of us on OS believe that UT has ruined sports games. We don't appreciate that companies concentrate almost entirely on this aspect of their games, these days. If you go to other sections of this website, you'll see that probably most of us, or at least a very high number of us are "sim nation" for lack of a better description. Don't get all hot about us running down FUT. We are just sick and tired of it. Wanna be even MORE sick and tired of it? Go look at FIFA's Twitter page. Try and ask them a question about Career Mode. Try and find where they even acknowledge that Career Mode EXISTS. I'm not saying don't enjoy the mode if you're in to it. I'm not saying don't spend your money on packs. It's yours to spend if that's what you want to do. I'm not saying you can't post here, even if I had that kind of authority. I'm just saying don't expect a lot of sympathy and then get angry when it's not given. We're not upset with YOU. We're upset with the GAMING COMPANIES. Just had to make myself clear on where I stand. Nothing personal and no hard feelings. Have a good day, fellas.
#WeAreND

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »