Home

OS Staff Selects Our 2016 Sports Game of the Year

This is a discussion on OS Staff Selects Our 2016 Sports Game of the Year within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2017, 04:00 PM   #9
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: OS Staff Selects Our 2016 Sports Game of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
No Pro Evolution Soccer? As much as I love NBA 2K, it would have been 3rd on my list, barely.

1. PES 2017
2. MLB The Show
3. NBA 2K17

Just my opinion, of course.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Operation Sports mobile app
Right there with you on top 3, although hard to say what order 1-3 as they're all fantanstic!
Old 01-11-2017, 04:04 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
For me, NBA and MLB are 1a & 1b, over everything else. The fact that I am actively playing MLB the show currently - well after the season being over is a testament to the game. I play NBA2K regularly and own Madden, but dont play it nearly enough to make my list personally. For me, all of the games on the list are great.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:17 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 33
For me:-
NBA 2K17 is number 1...
MLB The Show 16 a close 2nd.
But if there's an award for the Most Imoroved Player then Madden 17 hands down. This game isn't perfect by any stretch, especially when compared to my top 2, but this is the most enjoyable the franchise has been since 05. I just hope & pray EA don't get lazy this year & push on & make this the game it deserves to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2017, 07:56 PM   #12
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGameGod
NBA 2k17 is the best game of the year. I buy every NBA Madden and Show every year.

NBA did in an incredible job. Easily the best.
Agreed. MLB The Show is not at the same level. I would vote The Show to be second best, if we're speaking about console only games. OOTP is still the best baseball game on the market overall though.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:11 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
1. PES 2017
2. NBA 2K17
3. MLB The Show

Pro Evo 2017 is unbelievably good this year. Replicates its respective sport (the uniqueness of different players/teams) almost to the tee. It gets #1 imo.

Last edited by jpollack34; 01-11-2017 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:42 AM   #14
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
My son is a soccer fanatic and in the vancouver white caps farm system and had me playing fifa over christmas and i didn't enjoy it that much but im only a casual fan of the sport at best. I have EA access so i end up playing a bit of FIFA every year but other than looking darn pretty it does little else to garner my attention and i assumed it was because of my casual interest in the sport.
...........then out of boredom and apparently money burning a hole in my pocket i purchased PES 17. I hadn't played a konami soccer game since one of the winning eleven on ps2 and had reserved expectations. Wow is all i can really say. The gameplay is unbelievable and i honestly feel like the only thing keeping it from being #1 on the list is that its soccer. I asked my son why he doesn't play PES and he said hed heard the gameplay was good but the lack of liscences had stopped him from giving it a chance. I pretty much blew his mind when i showed him what the community has done with the option files.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:56 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
2k should've been number 1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2017, 07:38 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 1
i think you got the top 2 right...but i would have put fifa 3rd.....really maddon and fifa added nothing new worth paying attention to...but fifa is a smoother playing game

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »