Home

NBA 2K18 Coming to Nintendo Switch in September

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Coming to Nintendo Switch in September within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2017, 10:22 AM   #9
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Coming to Nintendo Switch

I like that 2K18 is heading to Nintendo -- for many of us (myself included) it was our first console and it deserves to get some good sports games, those guys have been left out in the cold for what feels like years by the various 3rd party developers (and that's due to both Nintendo and those developers, but I digress).

The bigger news here, I feel, is the September confirmation -- not a fan. 2K seems to be pushing an early release like we had this past year which, I think we can all agree, wasn't good (one could make the case it was really horrible).

If 2K is releasing it for the Switch in September, logic dictates it's coming to everyone else (PS4, X1, PC) at/around the same time ... which means the devs are, again, on a tight schedule which doesn't help them or the game.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:14 AM   #10
mqt
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
I like that 2K18 is heading to Nintendo -- for many of us (myself included) it was our first console and it deserves to get some good sports games, those guys have been left out in the cold for what feels like years by the various 3rd party developers (and that's due to both Nintendo and those developers, but I digress).

The bigger news here, I feel, is the September confirmation -- not a fan. 2K seems to be pushing an early release like we had this past year which, I think we can all agree, wasn't good (one could make the case it was really horrible).

If 2K is releasing it for the Switch in September, logic dictates it's coming to everyone else (PS4, X1, PC) at/around the same time ... which means the devs are, again, on a tight schedule which doesn't help them or the game.
2K17 was released in September, which means they'd be on a normal development cycle, though.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:38 AM   #11
Pro

Re: NBA 2K18 Coming to Nintendo Switch in September

Updated Ipad version with motion controls?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2017, 11:59 AM   #12
Rookie

tzvih4's Arena

This is on Ninendos site. Looks like 2k is redoing My Team cards yet again.
GAME DETAILS
The highest rated* annual sports title of this console generation comes to Nintendo Switch with NBA 2K18, featuring unparalleled authenticity and improvements on the court.

Shape your MyPLAYER and write your own narrative, build your dream MyTEAM, take control of the league, or prove you're the best of the best by competing against players from around the globe.

NBA 2K18 will continue the franchise's tradition as "the gold standard of basketball simulation" (Sports Gamers Online) with unrivaled realism and true NBA gameplay.

Features:

Create your MyPLAYER and develop your own NBA journey in MyCAREER.
Build your all-star MyTEAM with new card types.
MyLEAGUE and MyGM – Take control of an NBA franchise or the entire league.
More features to be announced!
Old 01-13-2017, 12:09 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaiLeGran
NBA2K released for Wii U too and we all know how that went..This device doesn't look like it as a gaming machine for games like NBA2K or any other serious sports franchise for that matter. Graphical vidality will never be the same and who is going to play it on the road any way?
Why can't the Switch be a good gaming device? The PSP and the Vita served that purpose fine, and the Switch is more powerful. I would love to be able to play my Madden or NHL franchise on the go and at home, all on the same device (the way I used to be able to do with The Show on the Vita/PS4). Sadly, I don't like basketball, but that's just me.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:12 PM   #14
Banned

nintendo is still a company?

lol on a serious note hey nintendo

instead of nba make another punchout! smh
Old 01-13-2017, 12:13 PM   #15
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqt
2K17 was released in September, which means they'd be on a normal development cycle, though.
Previous 2Ks were released in late September, early October -- 2K17 was released in mid-September, a full 2 weeks before 2K16 was released. The devs commented in quite a few articles how tight the cycle had been and how it was much harder than usual (Forbes, I believe, is the series of articles I'm thinking of).

If 2K18 is releasing in September, I hope it's late September (2K16 was released on 9/29) but I'm not hopeful this is the case -- I imagine early tip-off numbers for 2K17 and preorders were off the chart, which nearly guarantees 2K18 releasing in a similar manner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2017, 12:39 PM   #16
Rookie

tzvih4's Arena

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/steep-switch
turns out steep is getting released for the Nintendo Switch too

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »