Home

Madden NFL 18 Will Transition to the Frostbite Engine

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Will Transition to the Frostbite Engine within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 08:15 PM   #17
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 18 Will Transition to the Frostbite Engine

Hopefully now we can finally have true "living worlds". Dynamic weather, dynamic sidelines, a true stadium atmosphere. The graphical upgrades should be huge as well.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:35 PM   #18
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

I had a gut feeling this was happening especially when there where no head scan updates.. Nice to have clarity on it
Old 01-31-2017, 08:35 PM   #19
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Hopefully the Frostbite engine will bring us true Living Worlds that were initially advertised with the transition to this gen. No more generic sideline player models with no names on jerseys & same facemask for every player, add chearleaders, mascots, etc... I'm curious to see what this will do for impoving player movement, physics (player clipping), cloth physics (grabbing jerseys, etc..) Don't let us down EA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Hopefully now we can finally have true "living worlds". Dynamic weather, dynamic sidelines, a true stadium atmosphere. The graphical upgrades should be huge as well.

Do y'all remember the promises and hype from the reveal of the "Ignite" engine? It was all about living worlds, real human intelligence, true player motion, etc?

I'll wait and see if Frostbite makes any real tangible difference. Hopefully it's a much larger leap than "Ignite" was this generation.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 01-31-2017, 08:46 PM   #20
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 18 Frostbite confirmed on EA Shareholders Call today

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Played over 500 hours of both FIFA 15 and 16 and played around 200 of 17 so far. Massive overhaul to animations in 17 and the graphics are insane. Stadiums look and feel more alive. The game plays so much better though. For instance, last year if the ball was going "near" a player they would automatically get a touch on it. In 17 that doesn't happen. It has to actually touch them for them to interact with it. There's no suction anymore. It's sick. I had a penalty shot last night that the goalie dove for and his legs were spread because he was in the air diving and the ball went right between his legs. Last year that would've been saved because it was "near" the goalie. Tough to explain without a video but hopefully I explained it decently well. This is going to be a game changer for madden.
I actually scored a goal between a defenders legs a few days ago. I have no idea if that is something that would have happened in previous FIFA's or not, but I was pretty excited to see something like that happen.

Spoiler

EDIT: here's video https://account.xbox.com/en-US/gamec...84&shell=false

I actually enjoyed the FIFA 17 trial so much that I went out and bought it it lol. Like, I was jonesing to play it so bad, I couldn't wait the 2 months it would take for it to show up on Access. Got a good $30 deal on it, too. haha

Last edited by Lexicon; 01-31-2017 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:13 PM   #21
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
Honestly, I believe the Frostbite Engine is all hype. I play FIFA on a regular basis and besides the better lighting, and slightly better physics, I really don't see much of a difference between FIFA 17 and FIFA 14. So I'm not expecting a significant jump from Madden 17 to Madden 18.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2017, 09:19 PM   #22
Rookie

issaknife's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm really hoping this means they start fresh. One of the things holding this game back is that there are just a lot of legacy issues. FIFA has really good jostling, hopefully they implement that into Madden. Would be great for WR/DB interactions and hopefully lineplay.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2017, 09:22 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
Honestly, I believe the Frostbite Engine is all hype. I play FIFA on a regular basis and besides the better lighting, and slightly better physics, I really don't see much of a difference between FIFA 17 and FIFA 14. So I'm not expecting a significant jump from Madden 17 to Madden 18.
What? There's a huge difference with interactions between players and the physics as well... I am expecting the same for Madden

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 01-31-2017, 09:30 PM   #24
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

It will be better of course, but as has been mentioned, how big a leap they make will be partially determined by how much more of the problematic legacy coding they are able to strip out during this development cycle.

Regardless, I'm excited by this news, I expected it to be another year off.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »