Home

NBA 2K17 Roster Update Includes Bucks/Hornets Trade, FT/3 Point Rating Adjustments

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Roster Update Includes Bucks/Hornets Trade, FT/3 Point Rating Adjustments within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2017, 10:05 AM   #17
MVP

creweutah's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Roster Update Includes Bucks/Hornets Trade, FT/3 Point Rating Adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooney_30
Rating updates are always cool. I think a player tendency update is sorely needed. Some players do not play like their real life counterparts. For example, Isaiah Thomas is known for his relentless attacks to the basket but in game atleast 70% of the shots he take are 3s. Anthony Davis is another player that doesnt play like his real life self. I noticed that all but 1 or 2 of his post up tendencies are set to zero but yet he has multiple post badges. Doesnt make sense to have a post badge but dont have the proper tendencies to utilize them. So please 2K, give us a full roster player tendency update
This. 2K badly needs to overhaul its roster to get players doing what they do IRL into the game. I dont understand this to be honest. Can 2K not hire 20-30 people and get them to work specifically on the roster every year.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:25 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 1
Anthony Davis had me tweaking sliders like crazy only to realize his post Tendencies are jacked up. How does on of the best players in the league get overlooked?
Old 02-06-2017, 07:22 PM   #19
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K17 Roster Update Includes Bucks/Hornets Trade, FT/3 Point Rating Adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by creweutah
This. 2K badly needs to overhaul its roster to get players doing what they do IRL into the game. I dont understand this to be honest. Can 2K not hire 20-30 people and get them to work specifically on the roster every year.
How do you suggest they do this? Hire 30 full time people to work on only rosters? That'll cost roughly $1 million a year, at least, and that's at a low per-year salary. No chance they do that.

30 part time people? One per team? That'll lead to bias and/or extremely high/low ratings because most people either overrate their teams players abilities or underrate them considerably.

If you have another idea, I'd love to hear it. Especially since you seem to think it'll be an easy fix.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:10 PM   #20
Pro

NBA 2K17 Roster Update Includes Bucks/Hornets Trade, FT/3 Point Rating Adjustments

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
How do you suggest they do this? Hire 30 full time people to work on only rosters? That'll cost roughly $1 million a year, at least, and that's at a low per-year salary. No chance they do that.

30 part time people? One per team? That'll lead to bias and/or extremely high/low ratings because most people either overrate their teams players abilities or underrate them considerably.

If you have another idea, I'd love to hear it. Especially since you seem to think it'll be an easy fix.

I don't see why they can't get more full time guys to work on rosters. Seriously one million may be a lot to you and me but when you sell as many copies as they do AND make CONSTANT profit with zero effort on VC it's not that bad. But you are correct in saying that is to much for them to want to invest unless something major happens. *like we stop buying this crap until they listen to us**cough**cough*
Especially since we are basically playing 60 bucks for a roster update the least they can do is actually update the roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2017, 03:25 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:

It would be easily enough, if they have 2-3 people (and not overall to expensive) who are constantly check the NBA and do ratings-changes like every week. At the moment I only can see Mike Stauffler (who didnīt notice for more than 2 weeks, that Chris Paul was injured and complained about him not being an All-Star this year.. Sorry for this jab Mike ) doing this as a semi-work, (before it was a guy named 2k-Insider/Sy), with rating updates coming only every 3-4 weeks ?!? They put most of their effort into daily MT-cards updates, which is the part which brings them money (due VC).

I am kind of upset, that the main focus of this game going from an actual simulation to a money-making machine due their focus on selling people VC (and creating opportunities to do so). The acutal selling of their games/copies doesn`t seem enough at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2017, 03:45 AM   #22
MVP

creweutah's Arena

Quote:

They could staff 15 people for arguments sake. Don't care if it costs them 1-2 million per in salaries. The roster is a huge part of the experience offline and deserves this sort of attention. Hope 2K focuses a lot more on better rosters next season.

Last edited by creweutah; 02-08-2017 at 03:52 AM.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:48 AM   #23
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

If you can make this kind of money editing rosters for a video game, then I have chosen the wrong profession...
#WeAreND
Old 02-08-2017, 12:30 PM   #24
Rookie

Is the update live on xbox? My rosters are not updating

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »