Home

OS Staff Selects Our 2016 Sports Game of the Year

This is a discussion on OS Staff Selects Our 2016 Sports Game of the Year within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2017, 06:50 PM   #17
Rookie

dtlm6's Arena

OVR: 1
1. NBA 2K17
1. PES 2017
1. MLB the Show 16
4. Madden 17

I agree with a lot of the comments. I've gone back and forth with all the games this year as to what was the best. The expansion/relocation addition to NBA 2K17 was fantastic. I would love to see this feature added to all sports games.

I love the game play on Madden but One BIG disappointment was commentary. Initially, I loved the newness but it has quickly become repetitive again. Extremely disappointed, after I won the AFC Championship game, in how the commentary didn't bring up that my team was going to the Super Bowl but rather focused on how cold it was.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:41 PM   #18
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Maybe someday the NHL series will crack the top 3...

I did not pick up Madden this year cause it is usually an every-other year or every 3rd year buy for me unless I find a super cheap used copy well after the real NFL season is over. And even then I'm usually disappointed that the game play feels mostly the same as it has for years. But I may at least give it a rental and see what the hub-bub is about.

Can't go wrong with MLB The Show, it is excellent and it is the one sports game I buy every year.. And I'm really enjoying NBA 2K this year, the series has been really good the past few years, good enough that I've bought it 3 years in a row now.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:30 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: OS Staff Selects Our 2016 Sports Game of the Year

And when will we find out who the people's champion is?

A Work in Progress
Old 02-10-2017, 05:12 PM   #20
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden is by far the most improved. But to receive any votes over The Show or 2k.... not quite.

I think as long as madden puts in the effort and improvements it did this last year, it can compete with the other two. But it still has a lot of catching up.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »