Home

MLB The Show 17 Video - Revamped Road to the Show Mode (GameSpot)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Video - Revamped Road to the Show Mode (GameSpot) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2017, 03:52 PM   #17
Rookie

douggoud's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB The Show 17 Video - Revamped Road to the Show Mode (GameSpot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
Not sure about this myself and I am a RTTS player.

I find myself wondering if no matter what fielding position you pick if you will be always, eventually be asked to play a new position because that is now "the storyline".
I think it was the actual blog that Sony released that it says it's only supposed to be occasional. And also, it'll probably be more likely to happen say, for instance you're a center fielder with the Angels I imagine or at least along those lines

"All Angels Go To Heaven"
Old 03-14-2017, 04:03 PM   #18
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggoud
I think it was the actual blog that Sony released that it says it's only supposed to be occasional. And also, it'll probably be more likely to happen say, for instance you're a center fielder with the Angels I imagine or at least along those lines

I hope so. I already have awful luck with being able to choose my team (obviously the Cardinals) because they always trade me before I get to the majors.

But based on the Cardinals lineup in 2019 in my RTTS game they trade everyone. The game does the one thing the Cardinals rarely do, gutted the team like they were in rebuild mode. Molina, Wainwright, Holliday, Carpenter, Lynn, and many others were all traded in 2016 and 2017 in the game.

Of course it looks like it is not just the Cardinals. In 2019 I am playing on the Rangers batting 3rd and Anthony Rizzo is batting forth (like the cubs would ever trade him). On the plus side we are number 1 and 2 in both HR, RBI and I believe Avg. (we also have the #3 guy in HR and RBI). We make up for our pitching staff that is ranked 28th in the league.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:05 PM   #19
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I never thought my hype for this game would be so tied to RTTS, and yet here I am jonesin to start my career. Everything about this looks fantastic!
Old 03-14-2017, 04:10 PM   #20
Rookie

douggoud's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
I hope so. I already have awful luck with being able to choose my team (obviously the Cardinals) because they always trade me before I get to the majors.

But based on the Cardinals lineup in 2019 in my RTTS game they trade everyone. The game does the one thing the Cardinals rarely do, gutted the team like they were in rebuild mode. Molina, Wainwright, Holliday, Carpenter, Lynn, and many others were all traded in 2016 and 2017 in the game.

Of course it looks like it is not just the Cardinals. In 2019 I am playing on the Rangers batting 3rd and Anthony Rizzo is batting forth (like the cubs would ever trade him). On the plus side we are number 1 and 2 in both HR, RBI and I believe Avg. (we also have the #3 guy in HR and RBI). We make up for our pitching staff that is ranked 28th in the league.
Ive honestly never gotten more than 3 years in to any RTTS ever so I cant say Ive seen that happen personally, and I've played the game since 06, lol. I think this year might be different and I'll finish one for once. But yeah, trade logic has been a little off at times. Only issue I've personally had was that the AI would have a full bullpen and carry a 1 man bench, lol.

"All Angels Go To Heaven"
Old 03-14-2017, 04:41 PM   #21
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Interesting that he said it was a foundation year for RTTS and that DD is essentially done and where they want it to be. So presumably that would suggest next year they will be putting less into DD and more into developing RTTS even further? (and maybe even time to start thinking about a foundation year for Franchise?)

Like I said in the other thread, RTTS has so much potential, so much more than the individual player careers in other games as baseball is so much more of an individuals sport. Can't wait to see what the long term plans are, as this looks like a nice start.

On a completely unrelated side note, do American sports teams really have sofas in their dressings rooms like on the main screen in this? That's pretty flashy, here in England you're lucky if the shower has hot water!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2017, 04:46 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Interesting that he said it was a foundation year for RTTS and that DD is essentially done and where they want it to be. So presumably that would suggest next year they will be putting less into DD and more into developing RTTS even further? (and maybe even time to start thinking about a foundation year for Franchise?)

Like I said in the other thread, RTTS has so much potential, so much more than the individual player careers in other games as baseball is so much more of an individuals sport. Can't wait to see what the long term plans are, as this looks like a nice start.

On a completely unrelated side note, do American sports teams really have sofas in their dressings rooms like on the main screen in this? That's pretty flashy, here in England you're lucky if the shower has hot water!

Yes most American Sports teams have better than a couch. This is a MINOR league locker room. The big leagues have video games, Jacuzzis, spas, Olympic size pools, billard tables, Big screen TVs, on and on. Don't tell me Manchester United doesn't have this stuff in their locker room too1
Old 03-14-2017, 05:02 PM   #23
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Yes most American Sports teams have better than a couch. This is a MINOR league locker room. The big leagues have video games, Jacuzzis, spas, Olympic size pools, billard tables, Big screen TVs, on and on. Don't tell me Manchester United doesn't have this stuff in their locker room too1
Not locker room, nothing like that. Just lockers and benches to sit on, with showers. There's pool tables, sofas and that in the players lounge probably, but locker rooms are pretty basic and just for getting changed in. Usually they have massage rooms off to the side, maybe rooms for ice baths and that, but no entertainment stuff or comfort. Can't even imagine how mental ex pro's would go if they saw a sofa in the dressing room!
Old 03-14-2017, 05:03 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Never say never as to the Cubs never trading Rizzo. The Red Sox and Padres both traded him.
Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »