Home

Old Time Hockey Interview and PC System Requirements

This is a discussion on Old Time Hockey Interview and PC System Requirements within the Other Hockey Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2017, 07:14 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Old Time Hockey Interview and PC System Requirements

TrueAchievements have posted an interview with Mike Torillo, one of the founders of the studio for Old Time Hockey.

EA's NHL series has held a monopoly of sorts over hockey in video games during the past few years. Other than its general appearance and tone, what is it about Old Time Hockey that you're hoping will make it stand out on its own?

We think the game’s pick up and play style will help make it stand out. New and old gamers alike should be able to sit down and enjoy playing together. It was important to us that we delivered a great couch-gaming experience. We have fond memories of playing hockey video games on the couch with buddies and above all else, this is what we focused most of our attention on.

Can you delve more into the game's story mode and explain some of the things that players can expect to find there? Are there other game modes that players can also expect?

Story Mode drops players into the middle of a season of a last placed team. We don’t want to give away too much but there’s plenty of hijinx during the season. It’s meant for the player to feel like how it was like to play in the 70s. It’s a simple period piece reflecting things that just wouldn’t fly in today’s present game. Gameplay-wise, players are provided game objectives to complete to improve their team or collect hockey cards. We also have a mode where players can choose their favorite team to play a regular full season.

Old Time Hockey is scheduled to arrive for PlayStation 4 and PC on March 28, and sometime in Q2 2017 for Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.

Below are the PC system requirements.

Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One / Nintendo Switch
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2017, 09:30 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to this game! For me (and I know this is totally subjective), it has been several years since there has been a "fun" NHL game (NHL 10, to be precise). Really hoping this delivers the goods!
Old 03-15-2017, 11:14 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Looking foward to trying this game. However the interview above is pretty weak haha
Old 03-15-2017, 12:12 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5
the rest of the interview is on their website
Old 03-15-2017, 06:01 PM   #5
Rookie

I wonder if the PC version is going to be modder friendly. That will certainly increase the games shelf life. I say this because I don't remember reading anything about user customization, players, teams etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2017, 09:51 PM   #6
Rookie

graydon20's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Old Time Hockey Interview and PC System Requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman79
I wonder if the PC version is going to be modder friendly. That will certainly increase the games shelf life. I say this because I don't remember reading anything about user customization, players, teams etc.
I came in here to ask this exact question.

Modding on PC could really propel the game to the next level considering we have NOTHING for hockey on PC, it will be interesting to see how the devs decide to approach it.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:03 PM   #7
Banned

ejf0255's Arena

The reviews I have seen so far seems the game is a little bit a mess. But it is year one and looks hysterical so it was bound it have some issues. Price point is key I think is $30 right?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-26-2017, 11:14 PM   #8
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

I think the game is $12.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games »