Home

MLB The Show 17 Videos - Franchise Mode Quick Manage & Critical Situations

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Videos - Franchise Mode Quick Manage & Critical Situations within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2017, 02:56 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Videos - Franchise Mode Quick Manage & Critical Situations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
It is a big deal, it's a huge deal. At least to me.

Because i play RTTS, and you can't choose the CPU team uniforms in RTTS. I really hope i don't have to see a bunch of teams wearing white pants on the road.

I always noticed players being the same size at home plate after a home run, but man it really looks bad in that celebration at the end with Altuve and Correa.
Yikes! Agreed. That looks pretty bad to have a 6'4 Altuve out there.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:12 PM   #10
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Looks like we are going to have to manually change pants colors before each game. Both teams are wearing white pants again and the Astros are at home (unless this was done on purpose). Not that big of a deal, just have to remember to do it before each game.
Never had to do this in any previous version of The Show. It always has the correct road and away colors in the start menu.

This was done by whomever did the videos and set the game up with white pants for both teams.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-15-2017, 03:19 PM   #11
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh123
There is no way they got the default home and away pants wrong. Whoever set up the game probably just picked white pants for the road team. Everything will be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Never had to do this in any previous version of The Show. It always has the correct road and away colors in the start menu.

This was done by whomever did the videos and set the game up with white pants for both teams.
Nope this was a problem with the Twins blue alternates on the road in MLB 15 the Show. I know because i have it on video because my RTTS player hit his first career home run against them and they had white pants on on the road.

Also it was apparently a problem with a few other teams last year as well.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2017, 07:16 PM   #12
MVP

This pants thing is now a problem because several alternate tops that can be used as either home or road alternate tops are listed as home alternate tops and thus when the CPU selects them automatically, they are just keeping it with the white pants they are primarily set with. This was proven in last week's critical situations stream when the Rangers were wearing their blue alt tops in Seattle with their white pants. Going back to the stream that showed the uniform sets you can see that the Rangers blue top is paired with white pants which is the preset combo that the game picked in the critical situations stream. I feel confident that this is something that can be fixed but I also don't think these are just mistakes by whoever picked the uniforms in the videos in this thread.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:38 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

I love these features and plan to use both a lot, but one thing I can't wrap my head around is why in Quick Manage there are no player ratings visible.

I'm really surprised a batter's relevant left/right contact, power and other relevant stats aren't listed and similar stats for pitchers.

How are you supposed to make management decisions if you can't see the ratings of what the player is capable of?

It seems like such a no brainer thing that should be there, I'm a bit mystified why it's not.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:32 AM   #14
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword

Worse case, it's a bug that will most likely be fixed in the day one patch. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2017, 06:30 PM   #15
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
It is a big deal, it's a huge deal. At least to me.

Because i play RTTS, and you can't choose the CPU team uniforms in RTTS. I really hope i don't have to see a bunch of teams wearing white pants on the road.

I always noticed players being the same size at home plate after a home run, but man it really looks bad in that celebration at the end with Altuve and Correa.

The white pants are what are dictated for those uniforms in the style guide. I just checked. You can change them to the others if you want.

The scaling discrepancy is a known issue with the shared presentation animations. They are meant to be used by multiple player combinations. So, using different scalings would result in misalignments between players and capturing different animation for every possible combination is not an option. Looking at other solutions eventually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2017, 10:34 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
The white pants are what are dictated for those uniforms in the style guide. I just checked. You can change them to the others if you want.

The scaling discrepancy is a known issue with the shared presentation animations. They are meant to be used by multiple player combinations. So, using different scalings would result in misalignments between players and capturing different animation for every possible combination is not an option. Looking at other solutions eventually.
The problem here doesn't seem to be that the uniform is paired with white pants, the problem seems to be that CPU is even selecting that uniform for a road game.

Is it possible for the CPU to select the road pants when it's a road game though or is that also dictated by the style guide?

If not then hopefully down the line you guys just have it that uniforms with white pants can never be selected by the CPU for a road game. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »