Home

3-on-3 Freestyle Review (PS4)

This is a discussion on 3-on-3 Freestyle Review (PS4) within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2017, 12:37 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
3-on-3 Freestyle Review (PS4)

Every so often we get to play a game that changes or revolutionizes a genre. For basketball games, we always had our “arcade” style games: Double Dribble, Arch Rivals and Tecmo NBA Basketball are a few that instantly come to mind for me that I played as a kid that had sim elements but were more of an arcade feel. NBA Jam and NBA Hangtime really changed the way we looked at a basketball game, especially with the implementation of their “Wow!” elements, exaggerated gameplay and the fun we had time in and out playing those games.

Over time, various games on various systems tried to relive that fun feel. NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC brought back the nostalgic feeling of the NBA Jam series with some flavor of its own. The NBA Street series released by EA Sports revitalized the genre and was widely and critically acclaimed and well received. But it’s been awhile since we’ve had a viable streetball title to enjoy...10 years to be exact. Enter 3 On 3 Freestyle.

Read More - 3-on-3 Freestyle Review (PS4)
Platform: PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2017, 03:03 PM   #2
Rookie

BCDX97's Arena

OVR: 4
This seems like a very generous review.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:22 AM   #3
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDX97
This seems like a very generous review.
Lol, glad I'm not the only one thinking this. Watched a video on Youtube and it looks closer to a 5.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:24 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 41
Don't judge a book by its cover. I thought the teaser was cheesy too, but if the reviews are good, it might be worth a look.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:11 AM   #5
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
Don't judge a book by its cover. I thought the teaser was cheesy too, but if the reviews are good, it might be worth a look.
Yeah, but I'm talking about watching a 10 minute gameplay video. Not to say some people won't enjoy it, and it's free obviously, but it's hard for me to go back to a clunker like that after playing 2k all these years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2017, 09:35 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Yeah, but I'm talking about watching a 10 minute gameplay video. Not to say some people won't enjoy it, and it's free obviously, but it's hard for me to go back to a clunker like that after playing 2k all these years.
You can't judge a game just by watching it.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:56 PM   #7
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser G.
You can't judge a game just by watching it.
You can't judge a game entirely based on appearances, but if you care about graphics being up to par with other current gen games, and you're used to seeing smooth, realistic animations, then this one will make your eyes bleed.

I guess I just don't feel like the price (or lack thereof) should be a factor in rating a game, which seems to be the case here based on the 'final thoughts'. To each their own, no offense intended.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:01 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
Guys, I play 2k since dreamcast and I can truly say this game is much better than MyPark... All characters have unique abilities and proper strategy at level 1 rewards much more than being a cheeser at level10.

It is fun playing as a defensive center as well shooting from downtown with korean chicks..

Above at all: couch online play!! Who grew at 90s is looking for couch coop in every game, here you can have a lite career pairing with your friends and challenging other gamers.

Just give it a chance, you won't regret!

I wish 2k could take some insights from it..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »