Home

Madden NFL 18 Gameplay Changes - What Do You Want to See?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Gameplay Changes - What Do You Want to See? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2017, 09:13 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Better route running animations
More receiver/db interaction
Different running styles
Different Release speeds for qb throws
More tackle variety, especially on sacks
Tone down the arm size for certain positions like qb and db
Old 04-06-2017, 09:18 PM   #10
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 18 Gameplay Changes - What Do You Want to See?

Having each skill and each penalty slider work correctly, and with no unintended side effects, would be simply amazing.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:18 PM   #11
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 18 Gameplay Changes - What Do You Want to See?

I want real physics (think breakbreaker). I want realistic football. AI to be adaptive. Running the same set up and play will cause AI players to recognize it like real players.

Things like the unrealistic nickel blitz to need to work in a real manner instead of being unbelievably OP.

I just want the gameplay to work like real football. That way weather you're sim or free style it won't matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2017, 09:33 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 5
The main two changes I want to see is for QBs ratings to matter more. I want more inaccuracies, mobile QBs to run more ofter, and for gunslingers to take more chances down the field.

I also want teams identities to change over time. I hate playing the Panthers 10 years into the franchise and they have a slow immobile QB still running read options on the regular.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:33 PM   #13
Rookie

My main thing I would love to see EA do is 1`get rid of MUT. Too much focus has been put into an arcade mode that has no substance. EA needs to work on fixing gameplay issues and other modes that have been problems for years. I have a long list of fixes for Madden 18. I wrote a series of articles talking about some of the things that need fixing in Madden.

Last edited by Millennium; 04-07-2017 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:54 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'll second the QB AI bit. There needs to be better pocket movement and scrambling logic. There needs to be a realistic amount of errant passes. There needs to be a higher level of CPU QB play on AP without creating a Robo-QB situation.

I'll also second the notion that QB play is driven in part by play calling logic, so I'd say that play calling and game planning in general need to be looked at if QB AI is to be improved.

And I'll second the bit about personnel deployment made by CMH.

To that, I'd add that I'd like to see the CPU seem more aware of its personnel in its play calling and substitution packages. It'd be great if the CPU had the ability to dynamically assess its roster in-season by factoring injuries and performance to feature certain players. It'd also be great if the CPU had the ability to put specialty role players in some key formations on its own, such as an edge rusher or an interior rusher.

I think I'd also generally like more player differentiation, at all positions, and I'd like to see this manifest itself through more tiered animations that not every player can access.

I'd like to see the one-gap and two-gap run defense philosophies better implemented into Madden, with the ability to define yourself as primarily a one- or two-gap front and have a playbook with lots of calls that reflect your base philosophy.

I'd like more options for disguising defensive coverages. When you research real NFL defensive coordinator schemes, something that comes up frequently is how well or poorly particular coordinators disguise their coverages. Madden needs to add this element of strategy to the game to make playing defense more immersive.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:22 PM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by UE_Studigga
My main thing I would love to see EA do is 1`get rid of MUT. Too much focus has been put into an arcade mode that has no substance. EA needs to work on fixing gameplay issues and other modes that have been problems for years. I have a long list of fixes for Madden 18. I wrote a series of articles talking about some of the things that need fixing in Madden. Check out my Madden 18 wishlist series: https://uegamewire.com/2017/03/20/my...-ratings-more/
MUT isn't going anywhere.

It's a money making machine across all sports game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2017, 11:33 PM   #16
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I want to see improved AI over everything and a game that feels more organic rather than tethered.

I'd put QB AI as my number one probably with defensive AI a close second. No more QB's that don't scramble or that throw the ball away for the majority of incompletions. Vastly improved pocket presence. I want playing Russell Wilson to be frustrating because of how evasive he can be. I want Aaron Rodgers to move around the pocket while still looking down field. I want to see QB's showing a concerted effort in avoiding pressure rather than running right into it or ignoring it completely. I want the CPU to feel like they're trying to execute plays rather than just running them if that makes sense. On defense I want to see players reacting to what is going on around them rather than playing strictly to their assignment. What I mean by this is that I've seen numerous times where in Cover 2 both safeties drop in unison to a spot and then just shuffle in place on opposite sides of the field.

+1 on AI playcalling. They HAVE to be able to use more than just 40% of their playbook. I want teams to call plays like their real life counterparts and stop seeing so much slants, curl flats, screens, and four verticals every third down. Same goes for the defense, try to eliminate the CPU from calling Cover 0 so often on 3rd and long and other boneheaded calls.

I'd love to see a complete overhaul to line play both on the ground and in pass protection. RB's are usually either oblivious or heat-seeking missiles. The tethering between the OL-DL makes pass rush feel very washed down rather than organic. More steering to the QB while engaged rather than simple win-loss leading to unabated hits on the QB. Same goes for the run game, more steering and push one way or the other while engaged rather than win-loss sheds and pancakes.

Player Movement. This is also close to my #1 thing. True momentum and acceleration for all players. I don't want to watch Alan Branch running through the secondary stride for stride with receivers or see linebackers covering the entire field because they can plant their foot or swerve while maintaining full speed. Eliminate as much warping as possible where animations trigger when they should be out of range causing that speed boost to match with the ball, one of my biggest pet peeves.

Improved man-to-man coverage. More jostling and hand fighting through routes instead of just simply mirroring. Tighter coverage as a whole with far less separation out of breaks forcing tighter windows to throw into.

Option to turn Tackle Battles off. Far tougher kick meter. False starts and offsides not directly tied to the fake snap mechanic. Show personnel by player number and position on the choose play screen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »