Home

MLB The Show 17 Team Provides Update to Server Issues, Online Franchises & More

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Team Provides Update to Server Issues, Online Franchises & More within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2017, 07:27 PM   #9
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Message from San Diego Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
And to think, SOME users on here said San Diego Studio would just leave this game be and wait 'til next year.

Because that's "more profitable."

I can't stand cynics. Always looking for a reason to be sad.

Yay for us, and yay for the dev team!

You rang?

Old 04-13-2017, 07:35 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
You rang?

Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warriors
Sharks
Old 04-13-2017, 08:08 PM   #11
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by parky_17
But the online issues are so bad right now they really need to get them sorted before anything else
Correct...there are things I'd like to see worked on but I'm ok if the first patch solely addresses online stability.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2017, 08:21 PM   #12
Rookie

Re: MLB The Show 17 Team Provides Update to Server Issues, Online Franchises & More

As someone who despises all the Diamond Dynasty grind BS that's taken over MLBTS and who would like to see Franchise receive proper love, I can't help feeling some schadenfreude over these server issues. Sorry.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:47 PM   #13
Rookie

Re: MLB The Show 17 Team Provides Update to Server Issues, Online Franchises & More

Hopeful the next patch puts the server issues in the past, and it's nice they'll be giving out free content .

I hope they address the amount of home runs online. I know they keep track of stats and this has to be reflected in their patch. Whether it's a tuner or w/e because online just isn't enjoyable as a home run derby.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-14-2017, 12:35 AM   #14
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

What are we yaying here? Games are still not processing like they are claiming. Everything is pretty much worse post patch.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:39 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 10

A pretty frustrating thing just happened to me that is pretty inexcusable, imo. RTTS is a supposed offline mode. Long story short, I'm in year 4 of my career and had just gotten benched in the big league club to start the year. I'm working my tail off to play good and get back into the lineup. Well, just tonight after I finish up games, it starts taking forever for me to get back into the RTTS menu, the little spinning wheel that says "hey we're working on getting you to the menu." Well after a few times of it taking awhile but ultimately getting me to the menu, this final time it prompted me that I lost connection to The Show Online.

Ok? This shouldn't effect me in the slightest amount because I am in RTTS. But low and behold, the game is stuck somewhere in between the last game and the RTTS menu. Just the blue background screen with the music still playing and changing songs as if nothing changed. Of course, I haven't saved my progress because that's just fitting right?

Little stuff like this is super frustrating for mainly offline players, like myself. Online features effecting offline features. Really hope this kind of stuff can get fixed.

My Pennsylvania A&T Baseball Dynasty (MVP NCAA 06)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2017, 12:56 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsheen
A pretty frustrating thing just happened to me that is pretty inexcusable, imo. RTTS is a supposed offline mode. Long story short, I'm in year 4 of my career and had just gotten benched in the big league club to start the year. I'm working my tail off to play good and get back into the lineup. Well, just tonight after I finish up games, it starts taking forever for me to get back into the RTTS menu, the little spinning wheel that says "hey we're working on getting you to the menu." Well after a few times of it taking awhile but ultimately getting me to the menu, this final time it prompted me that I lost connection to The Show Online.

Ok? This shouldn't effect me in the slightest amount because I am in RTTS. But low and behold, the game is stuck somewhere in between the last game and the RTTS menu. Just the blue background screen with the music still playing and changing songs as if nothing changed. Of course, I haven't saved my progress because that's just fitting right?

Little stuff like this is super frustrating for mainly offline players, like myself. Online features effecting offline features. Really hope this kind of stuff can get fixed.
It is a completely offline mode. But the game attempts to connect to the servers to update your universal profile (stats, XP, etc.)

But you're absolutely right that that shouldn't have caused a softlock.

I'm getting server errors too when exiting games right now, so for now at least you might want to un-check "connect to the internet" in the PS4 network options. Your offline games will not be interrupted that way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »