Home

Severe Server Issues Still Impacting MLB The Show 17

This is a discussion on Severe Server Issues Still Impacting MLB The Show 17 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2017, 12:24 AM   #9
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Severe Server Issues Still Impacting MLB The Show 17

I played 2 games of conquest and also redeemed some mission rewards, tweaked my lineup and everything has worked fine for me tonight.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2017, 12:42 AM   #10
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Luckily I play baseball for franchise, and I immediately back out of post game rewards, never caring for one second what I unlocked.

I play baseball because I love the game of baseball. I highly recommend finding a similar balance; you'll feel a lot better!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2017, 12:51 AM   #11
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Last year had a roll out that was just as widespread and nearly just as panned (In fact, I think how bad it was for 16 is, in part, why this year is doubly frustrating for those having issues).

Now, some of the issues are different in 17 and perhaps the fixes and compensation came a tad earlier (at least in terms of it impacting offline modes), but the issues in 16 were FAR from sporadic.

FYI, I'm only pointing that out because I feel we need to view the poor QA as a broader issue and not make it seem like an isolated situation (and certainly not to diminish this year's issues).

Now, I do understand some of the constraints the team faces and, to their credit, they are reliable when it comes to addressing most issues in time, but these last couple of iterations should, IMO, have someone inside looking closer at QA pre-release.
I don't remember last year lasting this long or being this erratic. Pretty much every sports games is a bit of a mess the first week, but this is on a different level this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2017, 09:35 AM   #12
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidisback
Are you guys waiting on each after game screen for at least 30 seconds before pressing X? That's what I've been doing for the last 2 hours and I finished two vs CPU games with no problems.
Doesn't help if you have actually been disconnected from the server which appeared to be the biggest issue yesterday. It also should not be necessary.

Last year had similar network issues but I feel that they were not nearly as extreme (results actually being lost) as this year and they did not seem to linger on for nearly 3 weeks.

For my part my server disconnect that killed it for me came on Thursday night. I lost an hour of playtime and the advances that were made in multiple missions. This basically pushed me over the edge to the point where I did not even attempt to play at all yesterday, even though I had the whole day to do so.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:53 AM   #13
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

So the Opening Day time limited mission I missed because of server issues, the games were played but all went to the queue. No reward for that one.

Now here we are, two weeks later, and what do you know? Complete server disconnection. Couldn't connect for over 3 hours last night. So I missed the Time Limited SunTrust Park event too. That's two event rewards I've been screwed out of.

I love this game and I think it's the best one I've played yet. But the servers are just so unbelievably horrible. I'm a franchise player but before the Hybrid is done I really enjoy playing DD, I found it last year and fell in love with the mode.

I'm never one to call for a company to give away free stuff all the time, but I really think those two rewards should be given to everyone at a minimum.

- Rick Wise
Old 04-15-2017, 10:44 AM   #14
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

The online issues are very frustrating. Every time I boot the game I get a message screen that pops up and ask me to update to version 1.03 now or do it later. If I say do it now it restarts the game without doing any update, if I select Later the game starts but I don't seem to be able to connect to anything online (Could be an issue with larger server issues). I have already updated to version 1.03 though! Very annoying.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 04-15-2017, 10:47 AM   #15
Rookie

raskal67's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Luckily I play baseball for franchise, and I immediately back out of post game rewards, never caring for one second what I unlocked.

I play baseball because I love the game of baseball. I highly recommend finding a similar balance; you'll feel a lot better!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Glad the issues are not impacting you but this comment is really not on topic for this thread nor is it helpful.

I seem to have noticed for me anyway my issues correlate with mission advancement or completion. Also on conquest stronghold capture.

If I don't include those issues things work better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2017, 11:01 AM   #16
Rookie

parky_17's Arena

OVR: 0

I've been on for the last couple of hours with no issues, I played some BR and then a DD seasons game and they all went through with no queue or anything

Sent from my SM-G920F using Operation Sports mobile app

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
TORONTO BLUE JAYS
WASHINGTON CAPITALS
DETROIT PISTONS

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »