Home

The Golf Club 2 Launches on June 27 For PS4, Xbox One, and Digital PC - New Trailer

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2 Launches on June 27 For PS4, Xbox One, and Digital PC - New Trailer within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2017, 10:41 AM   #1
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4
The Golf Club 2 Launches on June 27 For PS4, Xbox One, and Digital PC - New Trailer

Maximum Games have just announced June 27 as their release date for The Golf Club 2. Fans can pre-order the game for $39.99 to receive the Day One Edition, which includes the following "Aristocrat" bonus in-game content:
  • Moneybags – Save time and get rich quick with an instant payout that will boost your career and give you serious purchasing power
  • Elite Club – Make your competitors jealous and stand out among the crowd with an exclusive 24K solid gold driver
  • Premier Clubhouse – Gain access to an exclusive high society clubhouse for you and your friends
  • Heirloom Apparel – Play in style with a throwback outfit from the golden age of golf
  • Elite Emblem – Add class to your Society logo with a signature badge
Check out the trailer here.

Quote:
Play thousands of pre-built courses or create your own, compete in dynamic tournaments - alone or with a Golf Society - and progress your career by rising the ranks in lush, vibrant settings around the world! Establish your own Society and upgrade your clubhouse, inviting players online to join and compete with your team. The possibilities are endless in the highly anticipated new standard in golf gaming.

For more details on the game, check out the official website.
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2017, 12:04 PM   #2
Rookie

Efbomb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Golf Club 2 Features Trailer & Interview with Producer Shaun West

Just watched the new trailer. Game looks really nice.

The end of June can't come fast enough.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:22 PM   #3
MVP

I honestly have no idea why people are so excited about that trailer.

I'm totally disappointed that the graphics seem nearly exactly the same with very little attention to the obvious issues like bunker edges, from version one.

Also… What demographic are we targeting here?

These comments about luxury houses and building up your status are just a complete turn off to me at least in the way they are worded.

Where is a literally anything showing us or talking about the new swing options and other changes that actual golfers care about?

I have no clue why anyone would pre-order this based on what has been shown so far… Are you really going to pre-order just to get a gold driver or some virtual points?
Old 04-26-2017, 02:25 PM   #4
Pro

24 hours......
Old 04-26-2017, 05:20 PM   #5
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
I'll probably pre-order the game. These guys are trying with a new IP. While I had some gripes last year seems like they are making strides. $40 bucks aint bad and I will get use out of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2017, 06:17 PM   #6
MVP

Re: The Golf Club 2 Launches on June 27 For PS4, Xbox One, and Digital PC - New Trail

Can somebody explain to me the point in pre-ordering?

I don't just mean this game I mean really any of these games.

Does it not make more sense to let it release, let some people get some hands and eyes on it and get their thoughts out in the open and then make a decision?

I feel like these gaming companies really exploit people's excitement level to the point where it gets them to buy something that they know very little about for no real upside other than some silly virtual currency
Old 04-27-2017, 03:57 AM   #7
Rookie

Re: The Golf Club 2 Launches on June 27 For PS4, Xbox One, and Digital PC - New Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Can somebody explain to me the point in pre-ordering?

I don't just mean this game I mean really any of these games.

Does it not make more sense to let it release, let some people get some hands and eyes on it and get their thoughts out in the open and then make a decision?

I feel like these gaming companies really exploit people's excitement level to the point where it gets them to buy something that they know very little about for no real upside other than some silly virtual currency
It's a publisher/shop thing.
The more pre orders the more copies shops will buy and the more shelf space the game gets day one.
So encouraging people, who are going to get the game, to pre order boosts the visibility for shops to woo people not in the know

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2017, 04:07 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
I honestly have no idea why people are so excited about that trailer.

I'm totally disappointed that the graphics seem nearly exactly the same with very little attention to the obvious issues like bunker edges, from version one.

Also… What demographic are we targeting here?

These comments about luxury houses and building up your status are just a complete turn off to me at least in the way they are worded.

Where is a literally anything showing us or talking about the new swing options and other changes that actual golfers care about?

I have no clue why anyone would pre-order this based on what has been shown so far… Are you really going to pre-order just to get a gold driver or some virtual points?
I don't know what you're seeing, but graphically the game is a huge leap forward.
Even since I left HB at Christmas the graphics have improved massively. Again you're focused on bunker edges which mean very little to the vast majority. I know the team want everything to be perfect but you have to go with bang for your buck.
To rewrite the system, which could take up to 30% of development time, which many won't notice and would actually see review scores go down due to lack of other new features, just isn't worth it. When developing a game you have limited time and budget and have to spend that wisely. If you do everything you want you'll end up not releasing anything and going bust.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »