Home

The Golf Club 2 Launches on June 27 For PS4, Xbox One, and Digital PC - New Trailer

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2 Launches on June 27 For PS4, Xbox One, and Digital PC - New Trailer within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2017, 09:23 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
How about the game being on steam,like the last one?
Old 04-27-2017, 10:42 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: The Golf Club 2 Launches on June 27 For PS4, Xbox One, and Digital PC - New Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exceller1
How about the game being on steam,like the last one?
PC version will be on Steam.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 04-27-2017, 12:22 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: The Golf Club 2 Features Trailer & Interview with Producer Shaun West

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyKyne
I don't know what you're seeing, but graphically the game is a huge leap forward.

Totally fair and I will reserve judgment and keep an open mind about the graphics changes.

The problem has been the absolute lack of any videos showing the normal angles and things you'd see in the game as a player - Hopefully that is coming soon.

I'm still really turned of by this type of verbiage..

"Moneybags"
"Elite Clubs"
"Heirloom Apparel"
"Elite Emblem"
"Premier Clubhouse"
"Gain access"
"Make your competitors jealous"
"Get rich quick"

(This is all straight out of the press release by the way)

I am just hoping that a more compelling and long term interesting game of golf is somewhere within this ability to "make your competitors jealous" & "Get rich quick".

Last edited by scagwi; 04-27-2017 at 05:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2017, 12:24 PM   #12
MVP

Re: The Golf Club 2 Launches on June 27 For PS4, Xbox One, and Digital PC - New Trail

Quote:
It's a publisher/shop thing.

Thanks for the reply Anthony.

I would be very happy to pre-order if game companies had enough confidence in their deliverable to honor a 14 day return policy. Since they don't offer anything of the kind, it ends up feeling like a bait and switch tactic to get sales while people are excited, but without full knowledge of what/why and first hand experience.

Last edited by scagwi; 04-27-2017 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:57 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
It's a publisher/shop thing.
The more pre orders the more copies shops will buy and the more shelf space the game gets day one.
So encouraging people, who are going to get the game, to pre order boosts the visibility for shops to woo people not in the know

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
This is one of the reasons that I plan to pre-order once (if?) I can do so from the PS Store. Honestly, I couldn't care less about the pre-order bonuses (though I'm sure I may feel differently once I have them). It's really more about supporting a dev team and game that I've really enjoyed.

With the course creator alone, the more people that have this game, the more replay value it can have for me, personally. I'm not a golfer (I actually almost HATE playing...mostly because I'm terrible) but this game is probably the single most-played game I own on my PS4 simply because I can always find a new course to play.

Also, as someone else mentioned, I like the concept and dedication that I saw from the team that worked on TGC1. I'm willing to support a second effort on the franchise as a result. If it were a full-priced AAA game, maybe I'd wait for feedback but at $40, I'm willing to take a shot.

All that said...I really didn't see all the "huge" flaws that some people complained about. It really does just come down to the fact that I enjoy playing it, regardless of the issues that others have. In the end, isn't that really what the hobby of gaming is all about?
Old 04-27-2017, 04:21 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
I really didn't see all the "huge" flaws that some people complained about. It really does just come down to the fact that I enjoy playing it,
I'm not really sure "huge flaws" was the way most described issues with TGC1, more just that depending upon what you were looking for out of a golf game it had become repetitive to some.

The base of everything was great, just that it was way too easy for moderately experienced gamers to always hit fairways and dial in perfect shots with the loft graph thing, etc.

If they've addressed some of that, which it sounds like they might have, it should be a real winner, no question.

I'm excited to try the new tempo swing. Would love to see some footage of the hardest swing level and how the drives/approaches are resulting from that over the course of several holes for the demo player doing the video.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:21 PM   #15
Rookie

BU1919's Arena

OVR: 10

Would you guys play this on a console or PC? I have TGC1 on PS4 so weighing my options on maybe pre ordering it on the PC this time.

NCAA: UNLV
MLB: New York Yankees
NHL: Anaheim Ducks

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2017, 11:58 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BU1919
Would you guys play this on a console or PC? I have TGC1 on PS4 so weighing my options on maybe pre ordering it on the PC this time.
Depends - Do you have PC gaming hardware that is better than PS4?
(you likely do)

I'd play on PC if you can.
I had TGC 1 for PC and PS4 and it was way better on PC just due to the hardware (was running GTX 970 and an i5 that's 2 years old)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »