Home

The Golf Club 2 Launches on June 27 For PS4, Xbox One, and Digital PC - New Trailer

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2 Launches on June 27 For PS4, Xbox One, and Digital PC - New Trailer within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2017, 06:57 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: The Golf Club 2 Launches on June 27 For PS4, Xbox One, and Digital PC - New Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by BU1919
Would you guys play this on a console or PC? I have TGC1 on PS4 so weighing my options on maybe pre ordering it on the PC this time.
Have not seen the Xbox or PS4 versions.

The PC is the one I am going for as I am running an i7 7700K and a GTX 1080Ti and the game is as smooth as silk.

As soon as Xbox Scorpio comes out, I will get the Xbox version to play on my 65" 4K HDR TV.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 04-28-2017, 11:10 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0
Smile Re: The Golf Club 2 Launches on June 27 For PS4, Xbox One, and Digital PC - New Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I am running an i7 7700K and a GTX 1080Ti and the game is as smooth as silk.

haha!. I sure hope it plays smooth as silk on basically the highest end hardware you can buy for gaming right now!

Those 2 components alone are nearly $1000!

Last edited by scagwi; 04-28-2017 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:02 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: The Golf Club 2 Launches on June 27 For PS4, Xbox One, and Digital PC - New Trail

Looks amazing. The sounds are better and the swings look much improved. I'm hoping we can customize our equipment with this version with different colors for driver heads and shafts.

I saw this on Golf.com and was really intrigued with the possibilities. Sounds like it uses TGC and turns it into a full blown golf simulator. Would we be able to use it with user-created courses?

"The sensor links your swing information to The Golf Club video game software so you get simulated shot trajectories, distances and so on.

To get started, simply slide the Bluetooth-enabled 10-gram sensor onto a clip that you've attached to the shaft. When you swing away, the device tracks club movement in 3D and even analyzes the amount of vibration at impact to determine whether you pured the shot or mis-hit it. The sensor estimates clubhead speed, angle of attack, loft and energy transfer, and links the information to The Golf Club video game software so you get simulated shot trajectories, distances and so on."

http://www.golf.com/equipment/2017/0...-simulator-300
Old 04-28-2017, 12:08 PM   #20
Rookie

ManInBlack's Arena

Come on June 27th, I can't wait for this game!

I'm assuming that they can't use real player names? One thing that I would like for the career mode is to be able to edit the computer players names and stats ( a la The Show and Madden, etc) so that we could have as close to the actual PGA tour as we can get.

This looks amazing so far! I'd pre-order now if we could for PC....
Old 04-28-2017, 12:12 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

They are working on getting the Steam pre-order information......

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2017, 04:39 PM   #22
Pro

Can't see HB studios optimising for Scorpio or PS4 Pro........it will be considered an unfair advantage for Tours/Tournaments etc.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:54 PM   #23
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
Can't see HB studios optimising for Scorpio or PS4 Pro........it will be considered an unfair advantage for Tours/Tournaments etc.
How? That's like call of duty giving players with bigger tvs a handicap vs players with smaller tvs. Just because the graphics are slightly better. 4K really gives no advantage whatsoever.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:15 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
How? That's like call of duty giving players with bigger tvs a handicap vs players with smaller tvs. Just because the graphics are slightly better. 4K really gives no advantage whatsoever.
The power off the PS4 Pro can give an enhanced frame rate over base hardware,the Scorpio will do the same with no hassle whatsoever.

Frame rate can make a huge difference in a golf game especially one with a nuanced swing mechanic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »