Home

MLB The Show 17: Diamond Dynasty Updates For 4/28/17

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17: Diamond Dynasty Updates For 4/28/17 within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2017, 09:37 PM   #9
Rookie

thekidisback's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17: Diamond Dynasty Updates For 4/28/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelch
Very happy that I finished the Braves collection a couple of days ago. Freeman's price more than doubled. And even better, his quick sell price has jumped to 5K.

And a question before I screw up: Once I've claimed my player reward for full collection, and my 40 cards get locked, I technically have no use for those cards?
For example Freeman - I cannot sell him anymore, and I don't care to use him on my team. Can I just cash him in and all the other Braves? (I do know the last team epic step is exchange, but I found the most sensible cards value-wise to exchange are silver. They bring more points than bronzes, and don't cost much more. I just find one silver hovering above 100-150 and exchange a wbole batch of it.
I just finished both the nl and al team missions in conquest mode where you need al and nl players to feed. I had so many common and bronze players though that I didn't even need to feed any card over 76. You might want to keep that in mind if you plan on completing all the conquest stuff.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:57 PM   #10
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Very happy that I finished the Braves collection a couple of days ago. Freeman's price more than doubled. And even better, his quick sell price has jumped to 5K.

And a question before I screw up: Once I've claimed my player reward for full collection, and my 40 cards get locked, I technically have no use for those cards?
For example Freeman - I cannot sell him anymore, and I don't care to use him on my team. Can I just cash him in and all the other Braves? (I do know the last team epic step is exchange, but I found the most sensible cards value-wise to exchange are silver. They bring more points than bronzes, and don't cost much more. I just find one silver hovering above 100-150 and exchange a wbole batch of it.

What if he gets upgraded again? With inside edge right now he could be the best first baseman in the game on certain days. I guess if you have someone better there's no point in keeping him, but you're not getting a great value by just quick selling.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:04 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundFraud
What if he gets upgraded again? With inside edge right now he could be the best first baseman in the game on certain days. I guess if you have someone better there's no point in keeping him, but you're not getting a great value by just quick selling.
Thank you and all others for answering.

Well, if he gets upgraded again, he'll still be a diamond, so that is irrelevant. And since I only play vs CPU and Conquest, I already have my ideal lineup that I don't need to upgrade, on 1B it's silver hardware Bagwell.

By quickselling I at least recoup a part of my expenses and work on other collections. I have 10/30 so far, now it's getting more complicated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2017, 12:23 AM   #12
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Thank you and all others for answering.

Well, if he gets upgraded again, he'll still be a diamond, so that is irrelevant. And since I only play vs CPU and Conquest, I already have my ideal lineup that I don't need to upgrade, on 1B it's silver hardware Bagwell.

By quickselling I at least recoup a part of my expenses and work on other collections. I have 10/30 so far, now it's getting more complicated.

What does a diamond quicksell for? In the past I feel like it was 5k? There's no way I'd be able to stomach 5k for a card as good as Freddy. I always think of it as 5k being $5. I'd rather just spend 5 bucks than dump him. It's gonna be quite a task to finish all those collections without dropping some cash, best of luck to you. I guess if you're already winning games on legend difficulty with your current lineup then it won't matter.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:26 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundFraud
What does a diamond quicksell for? In the past I feel like it was 5k? There's no way I'd be able to stomach 5k for a card as good as Freddy. I always think of it as 5k being $5. I'd rather just spend 5 bucks than dump him. It's gonna be quite a task to finish all those collections without dropping some cash, best of luck to you. I guess if you're already winning games on legend difficulty with your current lineup then it won't matter.
It's 5K.
I already spent cash, so that is not an issue, I'll probably spend more. But I see all those unused players as dead money. Just completed Padres epic, and had 2 Myers left over (one locked from collecting, the other from program pack). 2K of easy money there, glad he got promoted to gold.
I still haven't gotten around to Braves, currently working on my luck in getting assigned pitchers to complete Twins and WhiteSox, and playing vs. Rays and Royals, mixed with some conquest on my 3rd run there.

I figure I'll get all collections eventually, once I clear Pirates, Rangers and Brewers which have no diamonds, I'll just start buying 20packs. The summer is very long, and I have nothing else to play until Destiny 2 anyway.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:24 AM   #14
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

So youre just gonna play with same exact lineup for the next 11 months? That sounds horrible, no way I would quick sell a diamond that good just for 5k stubs.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:30 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
So youre just gonna play with same exact lineup for the next 11 months? That sounds horrible, no way I would quick sell a diamond that good just for 5k stubs.
Yeah, I have a player and a backup on each position. It's not like they can get injured or retire, no need for ten of them. It just makes a lot of clutter on the selection screen.
Also about 8 pitchers and 12 relievers and that's it.

I'm like that in real life too. Anything not being used I get rid of. Sell, give away, trash... Whichever fits the best.

EDIT: Oh, and it's certainly not 11 months. Maybe a couple more until I complete all Team epic matches, a few more conquests, then I switch to RTTS and save up stubs to complete the rest of the teams.
And come September, MLB gets deleted, and Destiny 2 and FIFA 18 take over until MLB 18.

Last edited by yelch; 04-30-2017 at 03:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2017, 11:51 AM   #16
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, I have a player and a backup on each position. It's not like they can get injured or retire, no need for ten of them. It just makes a lot of clutter on the selection screen.
Also about 8 pitchers and 12 relievers and that's it.

I'm like that in real life too. Anything not being used I get rid of. Sell, give away, trash... Whichever fits the best.

EDIT: Oh, and it's certainly not 11 months. Maybe a couple more until I complete all Team epic matches, a few more conquests, then I switch to RTTS and save up stubs to complete the rest of the teams.
And come September, MLB gets deleted, and Destiny 2 and FIFA 18 take over until MLB 18.
We couldnt be more opposite haha. I keep 1 copy of every card in the game, change my lineup a couple times a day sometimes if Im playing a bunch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »