Home

Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive

This is a discussion on Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2017, 01:54 PM   #17
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive

I'm pretty hyped about this. I think this was a constant ask made by us here on OS, especially when we saw patches that seemed to take randomness out of the game.

This may not be popular on here, but i hope the sim mode doesn't restrict going for it on 4th down, 2 pt conversions, etc. I want sim mode to reflect how I would manage a team in the NFL rather than how a conservative, "i dont want to get fired" coach would. Especially as analytics are showing that so-called risky calls like going for it on 4th and 2 are actually optimal for winning games, i think it would be misguided to restrict gameplay artificially in this manner. At least include an option for it.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:02 PM   #18
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyPirates
This may not be popular on here, but i hope the sim mode doesn't restrict going for it on 4th down, 2 pt conversions, etc.
Could not agree more. Let me live and die based on my own play calling decisions.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:40 PM   #19
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyPirates
This may not be popular on here, but i hope the sim mode doesn't restrict going for it on 4th down, 2 pt conversions, etc.
I don't think they would restrict your play calling. When I hear the word sim I think of bad snaps, high snaps over the QB's head, penalties that sometimes just kill a drive, and QB's who aren't 100% accurate.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:45 PM   #20
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

A small little blurb but I'm excited by what I read. I'm very curious about the "target passing" and of course who wouldn't be pumped to read a simulation mode?

This is the first time in a while that Madden has come out with very little info but what they gave us got me excited. And none of this info has anything to do with my favorite mode, Franchise. So hopefully we'll get some good stuff there in the next couple of months. (Please finally give us custom draft classes!)
Old 05-12-2017, 02:45 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 1

If SIM Mode is what I think it is I'm definitely buying the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2017, 02:58 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
This could be amazing. Hopefully there's new sliders that undoubtedly work and more penalties for Simulation mode. I really hope they both get equal post launch attention as well.
I'd be curious to see if they went in hard coded some sliders themselves to render a SIM experience

You could never play Madden with qba at default 50 and get realistic results for human players

And teams always played the same so this will be interesting to see how ea separates teams or is this just a hype fluff train marketing ploy

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-12-2017, 03:12 PM   #23
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

OVR: 0

Definitely not trying to bring in any negativity here, but I'd say the "Simulation" style will align more with how anyone playing the game now on All-Pro or All-Madden play. Arcade probably means tons of broken tackles, faster players, one-handed catches, etc, and Competitive probably levels the playing field to where everyone on the field seems to play the same so what the user does is most important.

Hopefully there's some "surprises" under the Simulation hood, but I would expect it to feel pretty similar to how I've played M17.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Could not agree more. Let me live and die based on my own play calling decisions.
If these settings are for online, I do think you will see something similar to the old Fair Play that they had back on one of the NCAA games and I think it was in Madden that year too. You couldn't go for it every 4th down, but there were critical times where you could.

Notice where it says authentic NFL Rules and Gameplay So I do think that's going to be a part of simulation.

Last edited by LBzrule; 05-12-2017 at 03:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »