Home

Dissecting the Madden NFL 18 Features Reveal

This is a discussion on Dissecting the Madden NFL 18 Features Reveal within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2017, 06:38 PM   #17
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dissecting the Madden NFL 18 Features Reveal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPowell007
So does everybody believe no upgrades to franchise mode?
They made a big stink last year about how it was the biggest upgrade ever and we got practice squad and player editing back. This year there's no mention of anything new so I'm just hoping nothing got removed
Old 05-13-2017, 06:55 PM   #18
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

CFM will be better but by how much, who knows. Like with Big Decisions, was the game better with it? Probably. Would it have been any worse without it? Not at all. My guess is that there aren't any major additions and most of what was done is tuning and tweaking. Gameplanning will probably see the most attention with how shallow and poorly done it was, regression, probably goals again, maybe scouting again. I think we'll probably see coordinators but not position coaches and I don't think they'll have much of an effect on anything outside of maybe some XP discounts or GamePlan boosts.

On one hand I like it because it means they'll be working on some aspects that they haven't really implemented fully and need a lot of attention and they'll be able to start actually making them better rather than adding new stuff and leaving them behind. Then on the other hand there is so much that needs to be added/changed or shouldn't be there that I just wish they'd start tearing the bad stuff out and do it the right way. Last year was a complete dud and this year looks that way too as far as new additions but for features that are already in it could be really positive depending on how they execute which is obviously suspect but still.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:25 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
CFM will be better but by how much, who knows. Like with Big Decisions, was the game better with it? Probably. Would it have been any worse without it? Not at all. My guess is that there aren't any major additions and most of what was done is tuning and tweaking. Gameplanning will probably see the most attention with how shallow and poorly done it was, regression, probably goals again, maybe scouting again. I think we'll probably see coordinators but not position coaches and I don't think they'll have much of an effect on anything outside of maybe some XP discounts or GamePlan boosts.

On one hand I like it because it means they'll be working on some aspects that they haven't really implemented fully and need a lot of attention and they'll be able to start actually making them better rather than adding new stuff and leaving them behind. Then on the other hand there is so much that needs to be added/changed or shouldn't be there that I just wish they'd start tearing the bad stuff out and do it the right way. Last year was a complete dud and this year looks that way too as far as new additions but for features that are already in it could be really positive depending on how they execute which is obviously suspect but still.
Here are some of my wishlist for franchise and just tell me yes or no you think it might be in
1. Suspensions
2. Create draft class
3. Training camp
There is a lot more I personally want but these are what I think are realistic this year. What does everybody else think?
Old 05-13-2017, 07:29 PM   #20
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Here are some of my wishlist for franchise and just tell me yes or no you think it might be in
1. Suspensions
2. Create draft class
3. Training camp
There is a lot more I personally want but these are what I think are realistic this year. What does everybody else think?
No, no, maybe. Training camp/ drills may be a possibility bc of the inclusion of story mode. By the looks of the trailer the story may have a player doing combine drills and the like
Old 05-13-2017, 07:38 PM   #21
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
1. Suspensions
2. Create draft class
3. Training camp
Suspensions definitely won't ever be in. Draft Class I'd say is extremely unlikely. Training Camp is a possibility but I think they're good with GamePlanning for practice. I could see them doing the old training camp with a few drills for attribute boosts or XP before the season but I wouldn't count on it. CFM is always unknown though so it's hard to tell what they're ever doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2017, 07:46 PM   #22
Pro

I hope wr don't have eyes in the back of their heads with this new target passing. I see exploits like ************ coming with this feature

Prove me wrong EA
Old 05-13-2017, 07:47 PM   #23
Pro

The cone was no gimmick. It separated elite from avg
Old 05-13-2017, 08:15 PM   #24
Just started!

I did the ea play test for madden 17 and all they had us focus on was CFM. I really hope I didn't waste my time giving my opinion and they change nothing. Then again it wasn't a waste because I got FIFA and NHL for free.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »