Home

More Madden NFL 18 Features Revealed

This is a discussion on More Madden NFL 18 Features Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2017, 08:49 AM   #89
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: More Madden NFL 18 Features Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Speculation is part of the hype train package. Do you reply with the wait for info response to people who comment positively? I'm guessing not.

And why can't I come back with EAs track record? Is the past not the best predictor for the future?

i'm not dismissing Target Passing; I'm remaining skeptical, significant difference. I'm not going to go into threads showing my dairy air arguing that EA dropped the ball. Simply put, there isn't much in this press release to get me excited. The discussion is about the feature list and our reactions to it. Don't shame me just because my reaction isn't OMG take my money!

Here I will make an assumption -- there will be improvements to franchise mode. I think that is a relatively safe assumption.

However, the lack of anything new in this release suggests that any improvements are of the finetuning or balancing nature. There may be a handful of minor substance improvements, but I would suspect that if they had anything significant lined up there would be a hint of it.

Wait a minute. Wait one minute. Did u say, 'dairy air'? Lol. . Awesome. Hate to be that guy, but it's 'derriere'. It's French. I love it, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2017, 10:11 AM   #90
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Wait a minute. Wait one minute. Did u say, 'dairy air'? Lol. . Awesome. Hate to be that guy, but it's 'derriere'. It's French. I love it, though.

Well now its Texan...so "dairy air" it is.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:12 AM   #91
Banned

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiryder85
I wonder when you create a new stadium, if you can create the landscape as well. Or if they have it already built in as the stadiums are already made for you. I still have dreams of putting my outdoor stadium deep in the jungle somewhere.
Hold on, did I miss something? When did they mention you can create a stadium? A team? Or any of that?

Or do you mean the standard that's already in the game?

Those preloaded teams are wack. Who wants to be a devil? Sure some will not not all, let people make their own choices. It's crazy how they once had a bevy of choices then took them away with the new gen. As iff the features wouldn't be what we wanted on the new gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2017, 10:36 AM   #92
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Interesting that they've officially branded 'Arcade' mode.

This has played like an arcade game since the release of XBox 360.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-16-2017, 10:48 AM   #93
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Interesting that they've officially branded 'Arcade' mode.

This has played like an arcade game since the release of XBox 360.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
A matter of opinion, for sure.

Sorry, I respectfully disagree, with the right sliders, once can have a sim experience with this game vs CPU.

Big huge thread for this last Madden on out of the box game play(w/o patches) and several threads in the slider forum giving sim game play.

Last edited by roadman; 05-16-2017 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:06 AM   #94
MVP

OVR: 1

2 things from me, if you can play coach mode or watch it like a spectator and never influence via controller a players action that to me is sim assuming that certain logic is present.
on stadiums, landscapes, logos uniforms etc i know prior maddens had this 08 pc im thinking, im not sure what else

as an example i am sick of the suggestion of London Bulldogs/Beefeaters etc. id like to choose my team name.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:09 AM   #95
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
2 things from me, if you can play coach mode or watch it like a spectator and never influence via controller a players action that to me is sim assuming that certain logic is present.
on stadiums, landscapes, logos uniforms etc i know prior maddens had this 08 pc im thinking, im not sure what else

as an example i am sick of the suggestion of London Bulldogs/Beefeaters etc. id like to choose my team name.
True, good point about sim.

Once you put a controller in someone's hands, it's no longer sim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2017, 11:16 AM   #96
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
More Madden NFL 18 Features Revealed

Rex has already stated that the game feels like 3 different games with the 3 play styles and that each style will be tuned and patched separately, this is potentially HUGE news for Madden and hopefully this will allow the game to be more and more simulation based for the sim gamer. The game played a lot more sim when I was at the studio in 2015, then what we ended up with after the patches in 16 and this should help keep it that way at least in theory.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »